2009 smart fortwo Consumer Review: Can't Compare - MORE FUN than

2009 smart fortwo - Consumer Review

passion coupe 2dr Hatchback (1.0L 3-cyl. 5-speed Automated Manual)

Can't Compare - MORE FUN than Disneyland
By DP of Palmdale on

2009 smart fortwo passion coupe 2dr Hatchback (1.0L 3cyl 5AM)

The dealer went over every page in manual and every detail with me. Disregard reviewer that says it doesn't come with a manual. Transmission is very fun, but like no other - if you try to drive this car like any other car you will either hate it or become frustrated - key is to understand this car is special, but it is very reliable!! I commute 45 miles each way to work, driving through the Angeles Forest Highway - a two lane highway that has many hills and curves. I average 37-38 MPG driving in automatic mode without using the paddles. What I LOVE most - how it waits patiently in the parking lot for me to take it home at the end of each day, makes me giggle every time!

Favorite Features

I love how it shifts. It is actually a manual transmission with no clutch pedal - but, it has a automatic shifter so my head bobs like I am shifting a stick but my hands don't leave the wheel. It get so many looks on every drive and makes others laugh and smile and me, too. It's really fun !

Suggested Improvements

The radio needs to be upgraded to show more info about the station and song you're are listening to because it has plenty of room on the LCD screen. Also, it needs to have a handle mounted above the passenger door - many folks think they need to hold on, so they don't bump the driver on curves.