2000 Pontiac Sunfire - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sunfire model:
Pontiac Sunfire REview
By stepfanie on 10/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Sunfire SE 2dr Coupe

Very good car. Not bad for the price. Loved to drive it, love the look.

GT is well worth it!
By Kurtis L. Roesler on 07/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Sunfire GT 2dr Coupe

I had a Teal 2000 Pontiac Sunfire GT Coupe and absolutily loved it! It was hands down one of the best cars ever made, especailly with the ever-so- sporty GT package! Sadly enough though, I was only able to hold onto the car for 10 days because on the 10th day I had it, I was ran off the road in the country by and old man and I skid accross the road into a ditch and flipped. Rest assure if your car does this, it will be totaled; mine was! But unbelievably, I got out with only a few minor scratches on my arm and a stiff neck, so this is also a VERY safe car. It saved my life!

decent transportation and cool looks
By redsharkrodney on 06/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Sunfire SE 2dr Coupe

reliable...few bugs...cd player went out...and my parents have same car and there cd player went out as well...nice sporty looking car. monsoon sound system is a plus. drives nice. good gas mileage.

4 DR SUNFIRE
By carpey on 11/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Pontiac Sunfire SE 4dr Sedan

When I bought this car from the dealer I had to bring it back 3 times within the first two weeks. The engine light came on twice and the wheel bearings went. Also when I turn the steering wheel there is a loud knocking in the suspension. I'm not sure if I bought a lemon or these cars are just garbage.

Great Reliable little car
By Lesley Draper on 08/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Sunfire SE 4dr Sedan

Bought the car in 1999, and during the almost four years I have had it, it has cost me, one battery f & R Brake jobs, 2 sets of tires, new T-stats. This car is prone to heat up when on hard pulls in hot weather. Even rund over half hot in cold weather. Have had no major problems, still gets good gas mileage, and handles great. Good in snow too. It could be a litle more comfotrable, but seems equal to many cars in it's catagorie. Keep tranny fluid up, and change the oil every 2k. I use synthetic oil and it gets better performance. I would buy another...For the price it's a winner!

GT is worth the extra money!
By mags118 on 07/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Sunfire GT 2dr Coupe

I can't seem to understand why some individuals complain about Pontiac and the Sunfire in general. Sure, if you have the SE model, the performance won't be as high as a GT. Personally, I love the GT model. It rides great, it's pretty smooth, and it has a great get- up-and-go from the minute the light turns green. No problems here!

Should have bought a Honda...
By Kccase on 07/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Sunfire SE 2dr Coupe

This car really isn't worth what little money it is worth anymore. A 2000 model year car that is worth under $6000 is worth under $6000 for a reason. The Sunfire is slow and unreliable umong many other downfalls. Last time I ever buy a domestic...

Don't waste your money
By xar256 on 05/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Sunfire GT 2dr Coupe

This car was great to look at when I first started shopping for cars. Over time, it proved to be a much bigger headache than it was ever worth. In 3 years time the car went through 5 factory sterios, 2 strut mounts, 2 wheel bearings, both wiper motors, and the windshield washer resovoir. Pontiac did little to help the issue. Very poor ratings by several other people I know who HAD these cars including a blown engine at 50000km. Proper maint had been performed on all these vehicals, they are just poorly made, and can't hold a resale value. My 23 year old full size 6 cylinder van gets better milage. STAY AWAY FROM THEM!

Best Bang for the Buck Convertible Ever!
By ConvertibleSunfireJO on 04/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Sunfire GT 2dr Convertible

This is my second Pontiac Sunfire Convertible (the first was a 1996)and I love it! It's definately the most fun you can have for $10,000. It's peppy response is surprising at traffic lights, and it is not noisy at highway speeds well over 70 mph. I get approximately 40 mpg doing 50 mph on the interstate for four hours.

The Best Used Car Out There...
By gilly on 03/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Pontiac Sunfire SE 2dr Coupe

When we bought our car in the begining of 2001, it only had 30 thousand miles. We have since then put another 30 thousand driving to/from Chicago and Pennsylvania and to/from Dallas and Little Rock. That little car is very dependable and can handle being run into the ground.