What has happened to Pontiac?
By Goonboy2 on
2007 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)
I have owned the last three versions of the Grand Prix and each one has become more technologically advanced and stylish than the last while build quality and interior design has become progressively inferior. My 2007 Grand Prix pales in comparison to the interior design and materials in my 2000. Mesh-like headliner and sun visor material scream "cheap." The plastic interior pieces are visually and physically "hard". The carpet is coarse and the leather doesn't even smell like leather. Heck, I'm a Grand Prix lover and I'm embarassed for GM. It would seem that the Grand Prix has been allowed to suffer the same agonizing death as its Pontiac brothers. Sorry GM, my next car will be Japanese.
Favorite Features
The supercharger. This car really scoots and hugs the road like nobody's business. The exterior design is a head-turner.
Suggested Improvements
Interior build materials are cheap and plastic. Pontiac's top of the line car now comes with a flip up rearview mirror! Unbelievable. Gas mileage is noticably worse than my 2000 GT and the ride is rougher. The map lights seem and feel cheap. Long term reliability of this car is very suspect.