Used 2014 Nissan Sentra Consumer Reviews - 20 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

2014 Nissan Sentra

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

Overpriced for what you get
By John Nelson

2014 Nissan Sentra SV 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

This is a gas saver, pure and simple. Price tag is too high for what it is. Acceleration is almost no existent whether it's due to lack of power or the horrendous CVT. 0 to 60 in 10 seconds is absurd for a car weighing less than 3000lbs. Not asking for a rocket, but the performance is non-existent. Outdated standard radio. And upgrade option is probably good but over priced. Whether it's the tires, which have a low speed rating, or the suspension, this car does not hug corners well, nor does it like highway speeds in the rain. A good car to keep a new driver at low speeds. Not a good car for anyone else. Standard rear drum brakes in the rear is a laughable concept. 4 disc should have been standard. The ONE highlight, fuel economy. You can probably get over 400 miles to the tank with "normal" driving. And close to 500 miles with cruise control highway miles. If you play with the car, which is lackluster, you will still get 350 miles to the tank, mind you a small tank so you are looking at 30 to 40+ avg mpg. I can't imagine this car holding its value. I would not recommend this car to anyone.

I'm in love with my car
By MG18

2014 Nissan Sentra S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

When my car was reaching 100,000 miles (literally, when I pulled into the dealership to buy my new car, the odometer was at 99, 643), I decided it was time to look around for a newer car. I wanted something a little bigger, newer and still under warrant. The 2014 Nissan Sentra had exactly what I was looking for, at a very comfortable price. She drives great, although I can see why some people don't care for the CVT - it takes some getting used to. The fuel economy is fantastic, the ride is smooth, and my 6'4" husband has plenty of room to stretch out. I feel confident that she'll keep me going until I hit 100,000 miles or so. Even though she's a 2014, the prior owner took meticulous care, so she feels and looks like a brand new car. I'd highly recommend this car to anyone.

Fleet Vehicle Warning
By Randy

2014 Nissan Sentra S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

A few smaller things first. the front seat headrests are very awkward and do not adjust. The car idles very erratically, whether using the AC or not. The back seat is very uncomfortable with two adults. We bought a 2014 NEW in 2015 for my wife to have dependable transportation. The car OVER rev's in any situation, pulling out and passing. The CVT transmission is worthless and is a hazard to drive in high wind, snow or rain. It drives like and rides like a go cart. With the old centrifugal force clutches but much slower to lock up and pull, instead of over revving. We traded it in after 10 months and were astounded at the lost value. We paid 22k for it and could barely get 9k 10 months later with only 6k miles on it. We traded it in on a Honda Accord with another version of the CVT type transmissions and the difference was night and day. Honda has a handle on the new technology and doesn't bulk sell their vehicles to rental car agency's and the like! The longer we drove the Nissan the worse the transmission seemed to get. Check last years Blue Book to see lost value as soon as you pull it from the lot, loosing more than HALF it's value.

All I need is a parachute!
By Kim Dixon

2014 Nissan Sentra S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I have had my 2013 Nissan Sentra for more than a year and I can tell you this, it is a death trap. If the wind blows a little or a lot, I find myself holding onto the steering wheel for my life. I even have to put the flashers on to let motorists know that I can't go any faster than 40 mph and even that is too fast. I am so scared while driving until when I get to my destination, I am literally shaking. I have now come to the conclusion that I am calling the dealership and letting them know that I am returning it. I could care less about the repercussions of returning the car, but it would be safer to ride a bike than to get into this car.

NOT WORTH IT!!!!!!!!
By ALFREDO

2014 Nissan Sentra SV 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I had this car for almost 2 yrs the CVT NO GOOD!!!!!!!!!......its been in the Nissan shop 3timescause of the transmission replace twices . Also they replaces the value of the transmission onces and its still giving problems so don't buy the nissian sentra SV model not worth at all