2014 Nissan Sentra Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

2014 Nissan Sentra

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

Perfect tool for the job.
By zippy81

2014 Nissan Sentra SL 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

There is always a perfect tool for the job at hand. If you want to tear up a mountain road, buy a sports car. If you want to cruise the highway in tomb like silence, buy a big luxo cuiser. My Sentra is a quiet , comfortable, efficient car that can be fun in sport mode. It looks great in silver, more expensive than it was, not like a boy racer car. The CVT works well, I have rented many cars with CVTs and my Sentra does what it should...very well.

Favorite Features

Smooth quiet ride, dual zone climate control. Styling. Sport Mode

Suggested Improvements

More storage compartments

Excellent ride.
By chuckv192

2014 Nissan Sentra SV 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Okay. For all the people that complain about engine/transmission noise all the time I want to tell you that you are driving it wrong.If you floor the car of course its going to make noise. If you drive sensibly the car is extremely quiet and has an incredible ride. In terms of convenience hopping into this car and going from point A to point B is a delight. Getting in and out is effortless, there is ample headroom and the car is extremely spacious. I have not had any stuttering issues at 13,000 miles. The car hasn't had a single issue either. Fuel economy is great and the sport mode does make the car kind of fun. I never use Eco. I bought the car for 16,700 new.

Favorite Features

LED lights, Grown up styling, Premium cloth interior is gorgeous. I would buy this Sentra compared to the base Altima simply because the interior is that classy.

Suggested Improvements

Arm rest should be bigger, More HP would be nice but the car cruises at highway speeds just fine and can speed up nicely.

If you're under 30 and have no kids don't even look at this car.
By czr71

2014 Nissan Sentra SR 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Don't ever buy this car! Unless if you like boring and unoriginal! There is nothing that makes this car special and way too much money for what you get! I'm 20 years old and this car makes me look like a soccer mom. If you actually want to buy this car because you think it looks cool, then I'm sorry, but i will pray for you. This car is almost as bad as buying a camry! If you're wondering why i even have this its because i needed a co signer and my parents wouldnt help with anything else. Dont ever do this to your kids especially if you know theyll pay for it, but now that i have a 670 credit score i wont ever need them again. I hate this car

Favorite Features

Alright I'm going to be completely honest i flippin hate this car but for the sake of the review ill start with what i like about it, just to be fair. gas mileage is not so bad i average about 28 mpg. Rear view camera is a huge plus because i l ive in a sub- division and kids are always running around. Last thing it's that im glade it comes with premium wheels and not those cheap auto zone hub caps!

Suggested Improvements

Now to the fun stuff, since it took me fforever to think of good things. Acceleration is so underwhelmingly slow its almost unbearable. The navigation and bluetooth stereo on this thing is so unreliable, a lot of times this thing just shuts off! Earlier i said it had pretty good mpg but i was promissed 30-40 mpg! I'm 6 ft tall amndthis thing sucks even for me, I'm nothing tall! I can't even finish a bottle of water without having to awkwardly move around so the bottle doesnt hit the ceiling! Every time i lookn at this thing i want to cry because i should have kept my 2002 passat instead, that car hadn't features than this p.o.s!

Love it
By vlkins

2014 Nissan Sentra SV 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I've had this car for almost 6 months. It has driven me back and forth from SC to Ohio no problem. I really like the sport mode, makes the acceleration comparable to my 04 Camry I had prior. Only downfall is the aforementioned rubber band effect with CVTs. It takes a second to accelerate and get where I need to be unless I floor it, which I really don't like to do. I've used eco mode and it's been fine, no issues. There were a few times when in sport mode that the RPMs stayed fairly high while decelerating. I've had no issues, great gas mileage and it's a beautiful car inside and out. For the money I paid, I'm very pleased and I got exactly what I expected for the price.

Favorite Features

Radio, display, LED lights, sports/eco mode and glove compartment space and floor lighting. Very spacious.

Suggested Improvements

More room for the center console, and a slightly better engine performance would be ideal.

Everything I Expected For $17,000.
By roadtester1

2014 Nissan Sentra SV 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased my Sentra SV on 12/30/2014. After reviewing several other compact cars including Chevy, Ford, Toyota and VW as well visiting various websites including Edmunds, Kelly Blue Book, IIHS - Insurance Institute for Hwy Safety and the Department of Transportation 1-4 star crash test ratings buying the Sentra was an easy decision. I watched several videos of both expert and not so expert reviews. Take all reviews with a grain of salt as everyone expects a vehicle priced under $20k to perform like a BMW or Benz. Let's be real about this.

Favorite Features

Quiet refined cabin with soft materials used on the dash, side door and arm rest as well as steering wheel controls etc. Comfortable seats and ride with lots of leg and head room with a huge trunk. Smooth ride and handling matted to a CVT transmission which provides great mileage and no gears with a sport and econo mode. Great for climbing hills and mountain roads.

Suggested Improvements

1). Add the sliding center arm rest to all models which will enhance comfort that much more. The cost has to be minimal. While doing so add top center counsel storage as well as the deeper bottom storage. 2). Refine the glove box door so that the hinges provide items from slipping through the sides. Meaning add a wall or solid piece to the hinge. 3). Add Bluetooth as a standard feature on all SV models and above. The competition does this. And at a cost of $400 as an after market add on, this is a no brainer as even the base model Nissan Versa includes BT. 4). Add a rearview camera to all models but especially the SV and above models as well as a rear passenger 12-volt outlet.