2014 Nissan Sentra Consumer Reviews

2014 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
Love it
By vlkins on 02/23/15 22:50 PM (PST)

2014 Nissan Sentra SV 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I've had this car for almost 6 months. It has driven me back and forth from SC to Ohio no problem. I really like the sport mode, makes the acceleration comparable to my 04 Camry I had prior. Only downfall is the aforementioned rubber band effect with CVTs. It takes a second to accelerate and get where I need to be unless I floor it, which I really don't like to do. I've used eco mode and it's been fine, no issues. There were a few times when in sport mode that the RPMs stayed fairly high while decelerating. I've had no issues, great gas mileage and it's a beautiful car inside and out. For the money I paid, I'm very pleased and I got exactly what I expected for the price.

Everything I Expected For $17,000.
By roadtester1 on 01/04/15 14:53 PM (PST)

2014 Nissan Sentra SV 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased my Sentra SV on 12/30/2014. After reviewing several other compact cars including Chevy, Ford, Toyota and VW as well visiting various websites including Edmunds, Kelly Blue Book, IIHS - Insurance Institute for Hwy Safety and the Department of Transportation 1-4 star crash test ratings buying the Sentra was an easy decision. I watched several videos of both expert and not so expert reviews. Take all reviews with a grain of salt as everyone expects a vehicle priced under $20k to perform like a BMW or Benz. Let's be real about this.

Great experience
By tcapp on 12/03/14 09:12 AM (PST)

2014 Nissan Sentra S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I recently purchased a 2014 Sentra an it has been a pleasure to drive! The interior is stylish and spacious and I like the trunk space. As for the acceleration, I think it is quite good (better) when compared to other similar vehicles I test drove (e.g. Corolla, civic). The sport mode really helps in the acceleration and it actually surprised me after driving other comparable cars. Also, I get a lot of complements on the new exterior look and sighs of envy from others when they see the MPGs. The CVT has been great and I have had no issues with it. It runs great on the highway and in town. This is my third new car and I am very happy with my purchase.

Poor engine choice by Nissan
By donp9 on 12/03/14 07:34 AM (PST)

2014 Nissan Sentra SR 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Purchased this car about a month ago. Had only driven 200 kilometers when I noticed a loud noise and vibration from the transmission. Turns out it needed a new torque converter. Replaced by the dealer however I still notice the vibrations others have mentioned (juddering stuttering) especially in normal mode when driving at 20 to 80 kilometers an hour. Most annoying as is the constant buzz at any speed. I only drive in sport mode now as it reduces the vibrations due to the engine revving higher. The problem is that the car is underpowered. They should have left the 2.0L My 2008 Sentra has no vibrations whatsoever at any speed with the 2.0L. Piece of junk - avoid buying this car!!!

drifts and pull
By ardic on 09/17/14 08:20 AM (PDT)

2014 Nissan Sentra SL 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

poor engine power, horrible cvt trany. 2000 mile onVehicle drift and pull on windy days so bad hard to keep on center line or the road. milage 3800 on the vehicle and transmission fells like slips on up hill driving from stop and go. millage 4000 vehicle stall and almost shuts down when almost stop on braking. Horrible customer service provided by Nissan and he dealer.

Worst Decision Ever
By never_again10 on 06/30/14 11:00 AM (PDT)

2014 Nissan Sentra SR 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased this 2014 Sentra SR a few months back and within minutes of leaving the dealership I noticed the Shutter/Shudder/Jutter whatever you want to call it. 3 Nissan Dealerships and 200+ technician driven miles later and they still can't come up with a fix. I contacted Nissan North America about a month ago and have been going back and forth with the rudest, most incompetent customer service agents ever. Not only are they impolite and discourteous, but they actually have the nerve to talk down to you like you're some kind of idiot. Anyways, I'll keep everyone here in the loop as this process plays out. In the meantime, AVOID NISSAN LIKE THE PLAGUE!

Go to another brand, any other brand!
By objon on 06/17/14 18:24 PM (PDT)

2014 Nissan Sentra SR 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Have had this car for almost three months and I regret that decision every day. This car is doing the juttering that has been described by other reviewers. The standard line from the dealer is that it is designed to do that. Can't imagine why a manufacturer designed a transmission to vibrate. The icing on the cake is a leaky sunroof. Not talking about leaking in a carwash, this thing leaks whenever it rains. Once again, the dealer says that it is working as designed. The car "quality" is suspect and the service department is a joke. Avoid this car!

So far we like it
By steveh552 on 05/27/14 15:16 PM (PDT)

2014 Nissan Sentra S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

This is my first brand new car so maybe I am biased but we like our 2014 Sentra. I bought the car April 29 2014 and have driven nearly 2500 miles in a month. Not much road noise, it gets up to speed and cruises just fine, great MPG and I find it comfortable. I have read people complain about the car being underpowered but if you test drove it before buying it, you knew what you were getting. Driving around 100 miles round trip per day all highway and its great.

Avoid like the plague!
By 1angryconsumer on 04/04/14 10:33 AM (PDT)

2014 Nissan Sentra SR 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased this car about 3 months ago. When I test drove it I didn't notice anything unusual. But after about a week of driving I noticed the car starts to "shudder" when slowing down to a stop or creeping in traffic. Every day, every time. It will keep it up until you either stop or accelerate. The CVT operates at two levels for 2014, basically Low and Drive. It's not dropping out of Drive to Low, causing terrible shuddering in the CVT. Nissan calls it "Juttering." So it's a known issue! I've been to the dealer 3X. Nissan Corporate Consumer and Regional Techs have been involved and say it's "normal." Really? That's BS, inexcusable and very poor engineering. This CVT is a disaster! AVOID