Middle of the Road
By Ericd2day on
2010 Mercury Mariner Premier 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)
My 2010 Mariner has had some transmission issues. Feels like the engine is breaking and slowing the car down. Dealer says this is normal. Heated front seats get too hot too fast and should have a temp. setting. Still a lot of outside noise and engine is noisy when accelerating. Climate controls very good. Brakes not firm enough for me, need rear disc. Gas mileage varies but for the most part is very good. The I4 engine labors to get up to speed but then does OK to maintain, cruise control helps with mileage on highways. Wish I had opted for the V6 but thought the mileage would be poor. Ok car for now but I do not know if I would purchase another one.
Favorite Features
sync is cool and climate control is excellent,
Suggested Improvements
improve brakes, transmission should shift smoother, somehow reduce engine and road noise
By pmpgirl
on 10/17/11 18:19 PM (PDT)

I just bought a 2010 (yr old) MM 6cyl. I left behind an impala which I replaced the transmission 2x on. I had been looking at Escapes for a few yrs and found this MM to have all the features at a good price, so I jumped on it. NEVER in my wildest dreams did I imagine I would run into a problem, especially not with the transmission! Apparently, there was a transmission issue with some 2010 models, so a full recall was never posted. The first time they looked into it they didnt find anything on the computer test, but did when they test drove. They rebuilt the trans. It was not much better, so I took it back, which was today. They tried to tell me it was just that way, but I insisted they fix it. My neighbor happens to have the same exact model and has much better pick up than mine. It is very loud in the acceleration and the engine that it does seem like it's going to break any minute. If it wasn't for that...and the speaker issue I'm having...I would really like it! But as much as I like Ford cars, this made for a big disappointment! P.S. I loved the Edge (rental) I drove while the MM was in the shop!