Used 2002 Mazda Truck Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Mazda Truck - Consumer Reviews

2002 Mazda Truck Regular Cab

View reviews for a specific Truck model:

A GREAT Truck Looking for a Soul...
By mcook

2002 Mazda Truck Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab B3000 Dual Sport 2WD SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This truck looks great outside and has a well laid-out interior The seats are a little less supportive than I would like but at 6 ft. 4 in. I still fit nicely in the cab and ride relatively comfortably. The raised suspension is a very nice touch and I especially like all of the extras that were included in the price. The 3 liter V6 is gutless around town but feels like it would tow a tank. Fuel mileage is average at best but hey it's a truck. The third break light had to be replaced because it leaked and the trim panel around the radio started peeling. Other than these minor issues and the boring engine I've been very happy with this truck.

Favorite Features

Distinctive styling, raised suspension, compact size, build quality, value... did I mention distinctive styling?

Suggested Improvements

I wish there was more "sport" in my Dual Sport. I would have gladly paid much more for the 4 liter V6 engine if it had been an option. This truck with a V8 would be a huge hit! Also, taller and more supportive seats would be nice (like the seats the Ranger got in '04).

02 Dual Sport - Good Small Truck
By reddualsport

I've had this one for a little over a year and have not had any problems. The ride is bouncy but it's a truck. Mine has the trailer towing package and I've hauled a 18 foot boat (1800 lbs) for 300 miles on one trip and it performed better than I expectd.

Favorite Features

Sitting up higher which gives you a better view of the road. The truck looks nice with the big tires painted fender flares.

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage. I'm getting around 19 on my 30 mile highway compute each day.

shifting troubles
By clark, md

2002 Mazda Truck Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab B2300 2WD SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Styling on the b2300 are nice. I bought this truck because of it's automatic transmission. What a mistake, it has a clunk when it shifts gears. In one 140 mile trip, it did this 165 times. The dealer tells me this is normal, madza refused to do anything. Also it is the ROUGHEST riding truck I have ever been in. Hitting a rough section of highway is an adventure. I have 250 lbs of weight in the back and run 25 lbs of air in the tires to try to help this. This will be my last madza (ford) purchase. Anybody who considers buying one is a poor misguided soul.

Favorite Features

styling on the bed fenders.

Suggested Improvements

a different transmission, better dealer support, try building a truck one can be proud of

Eastern NC
By Randall Tyndall

Looks great, lot of compliments, most controls within easy reach. Cannot see under visor when in down position. Recommend extended cab for taller drivers. Difficult for entry/exit for shorter operators. Great mileage for truck - 23 - 25 average.

Favorite Features

looks, mileage

Suggested Improvements

narrower visor, terrible resale value, depreciated more than 40 percent during first year.. Trucks should do better.. Recommend ford version for resale value..

Kevin's 2002 B2300 SE5
By kevroth

2002 Mazda Truck Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab B2300 2WD SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first truck, and I love driving it. I went with the Mazda because of the warranty (50,000 miles, as opposed to 36,000 on the Ranger or S-10). The suspension is a little tight, but that's not really a bad thing in a city like mine where the streets are a little rough. Running the A/C hurts the power a bit on the 2.3 liter engine.