2010 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 Consumer Review: Practical Performance Bargain

2010 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 - Consumer Review

Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Manual)

Practical Performance Bargain
By Kevin on

2010 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Nothing from me that contradicts the other positive reviews. I've driven my car for a few months now, and I have to remind myself of how inexpensive this car is; great handling, powerful engine, comfortable interior with loads of standard features, practical and reliable -- all for ~$23K! When I consider how aggressive the exterior styling is, I'm really surprised at how comfortable and civilized the car is. As a middle-aged guy, I tend to feel a bit self- conscious due to the car's styling, but it just drives SO well! Be advised that if you live in an area that gets snow, you should plan on buying a set of snow tires for winter since this car is fitted with summer performance tires.

Favorite Features

Everything you want with nothing you don't - standard. I like not having to pay a grand for a sunroof I'll never use. Dual-zone climate control is an unexpected luxury in a car at this price. Perfectly nice stereo. Plenty of interior storage. Comfortable, supportive seats.

Suggested Improvements

I may be a heretic, but an optional automatic transmission would be nice. Exterior styling isn't for everyone; to be honest, I would prefer something more subtle. In a perfect world, such performance could be had with higher mileage on regular gasoline.