Used 2012 Mazda CX-7 i Sport SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Mazda Cx-7 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-7 model:

Second and last Mazda purchase ever.
By autobsessed

2012 Mazda CX-7 SUV i Sport 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased the CX-7 in early 2012 new. My first Mazda vehicle was a Mazda 3 Grand touring purchased new in 2008. My 3 had the exact same issues I am having with my CX-7 now. The Computer resets itself and often. Mazda can never identify the problem. Car kills batteries. They have no idea why? Headlight issues, Low beams burn out often. I buy new bulbs every two months on average in pairs because they go out within a week of each other. Short in both headlights as well. Mazda doesn't care. A/C issues; drains often got clogged leaking water causing puddles all the way to the rear seat. Failing A/C compressor mult. times. Sometimes works sometimes doesn't. Way too many problems.

Favorite Features

Phone pairing and audio streaming. Although sometimes it glitches and puts my audio streaming through the phone (sounds like I'm on hold with a phone tree for a business on my cell phone.) and wont fix itself or let me switch to the regular radio, cd's or satelite radio until the car is restarted. Sunroof when the computer remembers I have one. My roof rack is my favorite because it is the only thing dependable and sturdy about this car. My absolute favorite is that this car is about to be paid off and I can trade it in to get rid of it soon!

Suggested Improvements

Mazda could improve customer service at their dealerships. A few more problems to be aware of; My Tail lights inside were melting because the stock bulbs were too hot for the red plastic coating. Other people I know have had many VVT problems, I have not, yet anyway. Multiple dash lights are out. All of my problems had loopholes that were magically not covered under warranty. Trunk space can be awkward with large/tall objects Paint chipping off steering wheel audio controls and other daily touched interior objects aging poorly. I take care of my vehicles. I wash and detail by hand twice a month All maintenance is done on time. This vehicle is three years old and acts like it's ten years old.