The Camry is just as nice
By dienberg on
2003 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)
The leather, wood, and soft materials are gorgeous. I especially like the alluminum skuff plates and the intricate interior lighting at night. The exterior fit and finish is perfect, unlike my mother's 2002 Camry. Both cars, however, have had their fair share of rattles and squeaks. I'll admit that there are definitely transmission shudders, but my 99 Solara exhibited the same characteristics. Whatever reviewer claims the noise levels are too high is nuts. If you don't need the extra warranty, the FANCY interior, or the extra soundproofing, save and get a LE V6 Camry. Overall, a solid best buy in the class.
Favorite Features
Quietness, Beautiful interior design and finish, Best paint job in the industry (Don't need to pay $300-$800 more like the German's make you do for metallic), Standard Pioneer stereo is fantastic.
Suggested Improvements
Fix the squeaks and rattles (especially the Moonroof), they are inexcusable in this price range. My 99 Solara did not have one squeak or rattle in over 48,000 miles of driving. More contrast on the stereo screen.