2008 Kia Spectra LX Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Kia Spectra - Consumer Reviews

2008 Spectra Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Spectra model:

Sort Reviews by

Luv my car
By kath

2008 Kia Spectra Sedan SX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I luv this car! I have gone from a suburban to this highly fuel efficient compact car. I drive approx. 60+ miles per day. It is very smooth and fun to drive. I thought the big car small car transition would be hard. Not a problem at all. But, when I go from this car to my husband's suburban I feel like I'm driving a bus. Have had about 1 month and getting 31 MPG in town. My mom bought one at the same time and she can't keep my dad out of it. It's hard to explain. You just have to test drive. It has a lot of get up and go. Very easy to maneuver. Can't say enough good things. Have the SX standard. Mom has the SX automatic, sister the EX, nephew the SX and I will be going back for one for my son.

Favorite Features

Just Fun! Like the sporty look of my SX. Good price! Kids like the audio input for their Ipod. I'm glad there's no buttons on the steering wheel.

Suggested Improvements

Have none at this time.

The Kias are Alright
By Sam/Hain

2008 Kia Spectra Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

As of this writing, the Kia is a good little car. A smooth ride, and cheaper than the competitors. (Learn to love that word folks, its great.) As a commuter, I give a thumbs up.

Favorite Features

Fuel Economy. The sticker says an average of 27 overall, however I have happily been getting 32MPG.

Suggested Improvements

none

Nice little car for the money
By KYPhoenix

2008 Kia Spectra Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have just recently purchased this vehicle. After looking at other vehicles in this class (Dodge Caliber/ Avenger, Ford Focus, etc) I believe this to be the best value, by far. The 2.0 with a manual is peppy, the engine is all but unnoticeable until 4k rpm (About 80+ in 5th), and with all the convenience features I got, makes me feel like I got a great deal. Gas mileage has been 22ish (city) thus far, but I only have about 150mi on her right now, and by all accounts mpg gets much better as it breaks in. Overall a great car for a person who needs affordable transportation, but likes a car to have a bit of pep and personality.

Favorite Features

Power Everything! Nice quiet interior, smooth ride. Drives and rides like a much bigger car. Great interior layout, comfortable seats and logical layout of all controls makes driving very intuitive. Every KIA I have owned has been rock solid on reliability, and this one seems the best built yet!

Suggested Improvements

The light gray interior shows any amount of dirt, tan or a dark gray would be better. Shifter seems a bit vague at times and Body roll can be noticeable in high speed cornering, but if you buy this car to be Speed Racer you need mental help anyway. Would like to see ABS available on lower trims.