Used 2012 Infiniti G Sedan G37 Journey Consumer Reviews - 2 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Infiniti G Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2012 Infiniti G Sedan

View reviews for a specific G Sedan model:

Excellent Sport Sedan value!
By Phil R.

2012 Infiniti G Sedan G37 Journey 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

I have a black/black 2012 with just under 36,000mi miles, that I bought (used) in March, 2013. This car replaced my 2004 G35 that started blowing blue smoke at around 124K. People complain about the transmission shifting and mine was not fabulous, at first. The car learns how you drive and starts to shift accordingly. This car has power, handles great and is very comfortable. I took this on a road trip last summer from the Atlanta area to New England where a couple of things really stood out. First, this car is very comfortable, even after 6-7 hours behind the wheel. Gas mileage? My roundtrip include driving through NY (north and west of NYC), in Boston, the White and Green Mountains. All told, I drove close to 3,200mi and kept all gas receipts so I could calculate mileage. I ended up at north of 31mpg!!
I highly recommend this car to anyone wanting a sports sedan, especially if you have kids. Very roomy, a terrific value, and the power to satisfy whenever the horns come out on a twisty road!

G37 2012 Premium & Nav Packages
By ljpzap

2012 Infiniti G Sedan G37 Journey 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

Great car.
Tested IS-250, ES-350, BMW 328i, Acura TL and Maxima.
Really depends on what you like.
All cars were nice, but G37 was the most fun and overall best to drive.
Only down side is yes it is a little small inside if you are in the back seat, but I didn't plan to ride in the back while driving my car.
It compares nicely against the 328i and is more bang for the buck.
TL came in 2'nd for me as it felt just a little too big and bulky when cornering.
Stilll a good choice though again depending on the ride you are looking for.
Averaging 23.5 in mixed 50/50 driving

Smooth and well balanced ride & performance. Plenty of get up and go in this machine. Nav system is great and easy to use. Infiniti personal assistant is great.

Somehow get a little more storage space in the front. Glove box and center console box are pretty small.