06 HCH is an engineering joy- a true gem
By JB on
2006 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
I've owned numerous Civics, including two CR-Vs over the past 18 years, so I highly respect Honda reliability and engineering. Honda has never let me down. For the past year I drove a MINI Cooper S, but realized it was too small/rough/had reliability/issues (but, oh, so fun). So, after researching the 06 Civics, I took an HCH w/NAVI for a test drive. Love at first sight/first drive. You won't believe the improvement Honda has made in the Civic's quietness, and handling. The cockpit is the most ergonomic I've experienced. The driving experience is Zen like because this HCH is smooth, and stopping at red lights is a "rest period" with the Auto-Stop. Best car I've had in 35 years of ownership.
Favorite Features
49 mpg by second tank; smooth/quiet ride; ergonomic cockpit and steering wheel; two-toned interior; Auto-Stop; Opal Blue Silver Metallic color; forward design; more than adequate power; new Five Star (highest ever) safety rating by IIHS; solid door thunk; stubby antenna; NAVI system is topnotch!
Suggested Improvements
Include XM as a standard feature rather than an extra pricey option; auto headlights; folding back seat