Like it so far...
By Frank on
2008 GMC Canyon SLE 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (2.9L 4cyl 5M)
I have only had my Canyon for about a month now and have put on about 800 miles. I like the interior, the exterior styling, power and handling of this truck. I bought a GMC (only my second new US vehicle) after pricing a comparable Toyota Tacoma. I had a '97 Tacoma which was a good truck, but for an '08 with the options I wanted, it would have cost around $5K more than the GMC. So far the only thing I am disapointed in is the MPG. I should get 16/23 with the 4 cyl automatic, but so far have just barely done better than 16 on the first few tanks (mostly hwy). Hopefully this is due to driving a few times in 4WD, and I imagine the mileage is worse in cold weather due to thicker fluids.
Favorite Features
MP3 CD is great! If you have a PC, you can stick 10 CDs into an MP3 CD. It is almost like having a CD changer. Interior is roomy, the seats are comfortable, the exterior looks sharp. I like the extended cab rear doors, it makes it easy for my dog to get in and out! Truck seems to be built well
Suggested Improvements
I hope the MPG improves beyond the current 16-17 I'm hoping for at least 20. I'm having difficulty getting a bed-liner from my dealer with holes cut in the right places for the bed tie-downs. The liner is GMC, the truck is GMC, what's the problem?