Used 2005 Ferrari F430 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific F430 model:

F430
By Benny

2005 Ferrari F430 F1 2dr Coupe (4.3L 8cyl 6AM)

This is car is one of the most beautiful cars ever created. Its design and workmanship can only be really appreciated after actually owning it. It's the symbol of legendary Italian artistry and passion. Its sound is sexier than any car on the road. The drive is awesome in every aspect. Its handling is unsurpassed. Its fantastic acceleration does not even need to be mentioned. The attention you get from others around you when drive the F430 is something you need to get used to if you don't like attention. After all, a ferrari is not a car: it's a ferrari.

Favorite Features

Killer looks that is unsurpassed. Awesome handling and acceleration. Total satisfaction when you drive one.

Suggested Improvements

None

Can't go wrong with Ferrari
By enzo

2005 Ferrari F430 Spider 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 6M)

The F430 is a great drive around town car, as well as a take on the track car. I have always liked the Pinin Farina style design, which compliments its predecessors.

Favorite Features

I like being able to go from 60 mph to a grinding 15 mph to make the corner going into my subdivision.

Are you kidding?
By John

2005 Ferrari F430 F1 Spider 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 6AM)

Though this is our first Ferrari, we underestimated what we were actually buying. Our F430 is far and away a better vehicle than either the Lamborghini Gallardo or the Porsche Carrera GT that we were able to drive. Special thanks to dealers that let 30 something millionaires drive before we buy. You earned our business!

Favorite Features

This car not only looks hot...it is hot. I had an offer of $35,000 more than I payed for it later on in the night I brought it home.

Suggested Improvements

More bling? Oh wait... this isn't a Bentley. It looks great!

Buy a Gallardo
By Tifoso

2005 Ferrari F430 F1 2dr Coupe (4.3L 8cyl 6AM)

This 360 makeover is a genuine disappointment to a true Ferrari fan. The engine, while an improvement over the 360 is light years behind the V10 powered Gallardo. The F1 shifter is still jerky at max revs but is also an improvement over the 360. Reliability is a big issue. In one month air conditioning, paint and trim issues were so bad I sold the car.

Favorite Features

Ferrari allows a great deal of interior and exterior customization. Your Ferrari can be unlike any other.

Suggested Improvements

The engine is woefully underpowered. The F1 shifter and actuation system is the same as the very unreliable 360 and you will replace it befor 35,000 miles. The brakes fade slighlty after several hours of hot running. The traction control system is way too restrictive for really fun driving.

Cool car
By fred

2005 Ferrari F430 F1 2dr Coupe (4.3L 8cyl 6AM)

The ferrari F430 is a new addition to my sports car colletion. It is very fast but not yet very comfortable.This is my 5th Ferrari to purchase since 2002. I defenently recommend this car.

Favorite Features

Seats & speed.

Suggested Improvements

Speedomiter needs to be a tad bigger.