What's Not-So-Good About this Car
By Dawnie on
1999 Chevrolet Tracker 4dr SUV
Had no problems for 3 years, in the 4th year it's almost coming apart. I've had to replace the brakes, the computer, the ignition switch, the cruise-control/windshield wiper lever, and an internal ignition function - all after warranty, except for the computer. I've had to get a front-end alignment twice. I might contribute all the problems with not keeping up with maintenance, but as I rely on my car so much, I'm careful in that area. I am at 60,000 miles now, and my transmission is starting to get sluggish - every so often the car seems to struggle with shifting gears. At this point I'm looking for a new car, because I'm getting tired of all the problems.
Favorite Features
Love the interior, cruise control, gas mileage, smooth ride. The design of the dash is wonderful - never have to fumble to change stations/adjust settings.
Suggested Improvements
Definately need to improve the mechanical aspects. It seems Chevy changed the exterior of the Geo Tracker and slapped their name on it, but did little with the engine. Too many problems for me to think about keeping this car long-term, which is what I originally planned on doing.