Used 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 1SS 1SS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 1SS - Consumer Reviews

1SS 6.2L V8 6-speed Manual - (12 reviews )

2010 Black Angel
By Nancy

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 1SS 1SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I've only had my Camaro SS for 2 weeks now. But all I can say is OMG! The performance is awesome. Build quality is fabulous. Some of the reviews mention the limited outward visibility; however, it's not that much worse than the mustang or challenger. Not a deal breaker in my opinion. I've always loved good ol' American Muscle and this car exemplifies that to the nth degree. Chevy is finally putting out well built vehicles and it shows. If you want a 69 buy a 69, otherwise take the new camaro for what it's worth, a great combination of old and new. 2010 Camaro = HOMERUN!

Appearance, performance, comfort, quality.

Thinner pillars to improve visibility.

Seriously fun !!!!
By Jason

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 1SS 1SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Only had the car for a week and I cannot get enough !! I now love to drive at any speed or on any road. I have a few more miles to go before the motor is broken in so I have not yet felt this monsters full potential. It's truly a carnival ride - so fast. My first muscle car and I could not be more satisfied! The car is a magnet for attention and I got a victory red one to boot so it is unavoidable to the human eye.

The over-all appearance. The car looks like a predator waiting to attack - extremely intimidating. The presence of the hood in your frontal view - this may be a throwback muscle car quality but it enhances the driving experience. The power of the engine is undeniably present and often surprising.

Nothing worth mentioning. I bought the car for the power and shape.

Aqua Blue Beautiful Beast!
By RS-1SS

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 1SS 1SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Picked up my pre-ordered 2010 aqua blue metallic 1ss a week ago. What power on this puppy! I am so happy I picked aqua blue, this color makes the car look gorgeous. People stare ALL the time and compliment many times. The sports cloth interior impresses me very much. Everything has been smooth with the car so far. Sunroof well worthed. One word of advice.. If you are debating between the V6 and the V8, get the V8. I was about to get the 6 cylinder, but I changed my mind in time and now have an awesome V8 that rocks almost anything on the street. The power for the price is just amazing. What a hot car... Very very happy so far..

Overall exterior looks, Boston acoustics sound system, sunroof, upgraded wheel package, premium cloth seating very nice, ENGINE!, just a beauty

Really nothing at all. I would say blindspots, but who cares. Its like a race car. Nothing else at this point.

My new daily driver
By Bob

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 1SS 1SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I had waited for the Camaro to make its official debut before deciding between it and the Mustang/Challenger. For the money asked, the Camaro SS was the best performance bargin. Just over $30K got me 426HP, a 6-speed manual transmission, Brembo brakes, Independent Rear Suspension and a perfectly proportioned coupe body style. This car is fast but can be driven with maturity in city traffic and still return a lot of fun for the time spent behind the wheel. Just listening to the sound of the exhaust as I go through the gears makes even the standard audio system unnecessary. Combined mileage with the V8 is around 18-21 right now. I can live with it. Well worth the wait to get it.

The style of the Camaro sets it apart in traffic. From any angle, this car generates looks. Cyber Gray paint in the bright sunlight can bring a grown man to tears.

None. Pray that Washington doesn't do a repeat of the early 1970's and try and legislate these out of existence.

DecepticonWiplash
By Wiplash

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 1SS 1SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Going on two months since I bought my RJT SS, and I have absolutely no complaints. The car is everything I had hope for(way back in 2006!) I waited, and waited, and waited some more. And I can now say it was definately worth the wait.

Exterior lines and the Red Jewel Tint paint