2007 Chevrolet Aveo Consumer Review: I Love Basic Transportation.

2007 Chevrolet Aveo - Consumer Review

I Love Basic Transportation.
By hawaiianbuffet on

2007 Chevrolet Aveo 5 Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Just got a night work shift so I can catch the bus now after driving days for three months. Everything I expect from a $10,000 car with a $2,000 rebate, and another $1,000. from charging groceries on my GM mastercard credit card points. This Korean made car has a 1.6 liter engine to handle the load from the A/C. Since the Special Value doesn't have A/C, it has a lot of power. I drive 95% freeway and get 37 MPG. Same as a Cavalier with a larger motor. Seating is OK. Not plush. What else can I say about a basic car? Will buy another one in three years.

Probably the only car sold out there that is so basic with that allows me to skip the useless options. Buy a basic car every three years without losing money from depreciation. Tired of paying for repairs with my past cars. Just drive it 3 years under warranty and dump it. Will try this theory.

Wish the engine block was made of aluminum for lighter weight. Wish the first gear had a lower gear ratio so I can move the car without pressing on the gas pedal to save the clutch wear. Dash light reading passenger air bag stays on unless someone is sitting on seat. Irritating.