I Love Basic Transportation.
By hawaiianbuffet on
2007 Chevrolet Aveo 5 Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)
Just got a night work shift so I can catch the bus now after driving days for three months. Everything I expect from a $10,000 car with a $2,000 rebate, and another $1,000. from charging groceries on my GM mastercard credit card points. This Korean made car has a 1.6 liter engine to handle the load from the A/C. Since the Special Value doesn't have A/C, it has a lot of power. I drive 95% freeway and get 37 MPG. Same as a Cavalier with a larger motor. Seating is OK. Not plush. What else can I say about a basic car? Will buy another one in three years.
Favorite Features
Probably the only car sold out there that is so basic with that allows me to skip the useless options. Buy a basic car every three years without losing money from depreciation. Tired of paying for repairs with my past cars. Just drive it 3 years under warranty and dump it. Will try this theory.
Suggested Improvements
Wish the engine block was made of aluminum for lighter weight. Wish the first gear had a lower gear ratio so I can move the car without pressing on the gas pedal to save the clutch wear. Dash light reading passenger air bag stays on unless someone is sitting on seat. Irritating.