ELR beats Tesla S hands down!!
By rowley123 on
2014 Cadillac ELR 2dr Coupe (gas/electric hybrid DD)
I wanted a luxury electric car and thought Tesla was the way to go UNTIL I saw the CADILLAC ELR. This car is the way to go if you are looking for a high end electric car that is fun to drive and practical. The all electric cars concerned me since you HAD to plan a long distance trip around charging. The ELS, however has a 9 gallon gas tank there to power the generator to make more electricity- how awesome is that!!! (It is NOT a hybrid with a gasoline engine). My only fault is with the rear seat size - but lets face it, the population that drives an ELR is not running kids to dance lessons - you are way past that! (or have a mini van for the "family car".)
Favorite Features
The ride is very good and the controls are within reach for everything or voice activated. I am not a flashy person, but this car is a real "head turner". I live in a 'golf community' and you wouldn't believe how the folks on the course actually stop and look. I have yet to go ANYWHERE when someone has not stopped me and asked me about the car. The seating is a lot more comfortable than you would think especially when you are over 65 and question your ability to got in and out easily. There is nothing I don't love about this car!!!
Suggested Improvements
Make people get in line for them and put down a large deposit to "reserve" one just like Tesla does and Cadillac will sell them like hotcakes. Make a decent commercial for the ELR - the one Cadillac ran during the Superbowl stunk. Explain this is NOT a gasoline engine hybrid but an electric car that can also be powered by gasoline - I have yet to use one drop, by the way.
By sukemadiq
on 07/20/14 13:46 PM (PDT)

80k for a 2 seater that can't keep up with a Honda Civic??? That gets a 1 for performance...