German piece of...
By German piece of.... on
1998 Cadillac Catera 4dr Sedan
I've always liked the body style and actually fell in love. This car changed my driving habits (I actually became more patient and more aware of other drivers) but it didn't last long. I only got to enjoy my Catera for a year. After I bought it is when I found out is worthless. To this day I'm still paying on it but can't drive it. Overheated five days after I bought it (dealership paid for repair) transmission was slipping, engine started knocking, A/C quit, low gear would kick in automatically while stopped, and first battery died all of sudden for no reason.
Favorite Features
Approx. 35 mpg on highway. I nearly drove for six hours on one tank of gas. The radio steering wheel controls were beyond convenience. Memory seats added a nice touch, actually the interior was supreme.
Suggested Improvements
Nothing. Take your frustration out on this car (the ones that are inoperable) since then I've broken panels, pulled out the factory radio, factory amps, factory harnesses. I'm about to pull out the steering wheel, front seats, the supercharger and anything else I can pull off the motor.