2014 Buick Encore - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Encore model:
Do not buy this car!
By alexusxix on 10/15/14 17:52 PM (PDT)

2014 Buick Encore 4dr SUV (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have Encore base for 7 months and it has about 6K miles now. It is a comfortable car, but all positives ends here. Performance is mediocre. Driving it is a nightmare: I experience automatic transmission issues at times. Gears are switching erratically and incorrectly, the car is shaking. Dealer is reluctant to do anything: they just cannot duplicate the problem. Build quality is horrible: I did have a problem with shock absorber, it took me 4 visits to dealer to fix it. Do not buy this car under any circumstances!

Dissatisfied with Encore, GM, and the Dealer!
By dissatisfied32 on 09/03/14 09:50 AM (PDT)

2014 Buick Encore Premium 4dr SUV (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

We purchased our Encore brand new. After an initial "honeymoon period", we started having reliability issues. The car has now been repaired three times for suspension noise. It has gotten so bad that the Dealer & GM proposed a "Trade Assist" as they suggested we get rid of the car. Unfortunately the assistance wasn't much. We are very dissatisfied - we have spend endless time on the phone with GM and at the Dealer. I would highly recommend you consider another manufacturer!

2014 Buick Encore SUV
By seanesther on 06/07/14 23:01 PM (PDT)

2014 Buick Encore Premium 4dr SUV AWD (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

2014 Buick Encore White perl. About $32,000 before tax for full fully loaded premium AWD 2014 incluing cargo net, organiser, cargo floor, floor mats etc. I have driven it from Seattle to Los Angeles for a week mostly west coast 1 and 101 hwy. Here is what I felt after driving over 1400 miles. 1. Very comfy riding experience, also thx to the noise reduction technology. Stylish exterior and cute design good for 20s 30s female driver. 2. Despite of small suv size, it is roomy inside for 4 ppl. Cargo space is little tight though. 3. No problem merging hwy; however, no confident following another suv up on the mountain hills. I felt little embarrassing.

Excellent car, pass on the navigation
By blindqu2285 on 05/28/14 09:47 AM (PDT)

2014 Buick Encore Premium 4dr SUV (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

We have had our encore for a bit over a month. We are pleased with everything except the navigation. Worst GPS routing I have ever used. On a five hour trip -- using side by side with our portable TomTom the buick system routed us 30 miles farther and 1 hour longer. We do not trust the navigation at all. It can not find addresses our TomTom has and it routinely routes a longer distance or time. We will not use it for anything other than finding an address in town -- if it even can find the address. Do not waste your money on the navigation system. Spend $100 on a portable instead of $800 for the car system.

Favorite Car
By texasgovernor on 04/23/14 08:11 AM (PDT)

2014 Buick Encore Convenience 4dr SUV (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Absolutely Love this Car. Addictive to drive. Blows away the whole field of SUVs

Love my 2014 Encore. Naysayers should drive it!
By janidb on 02/23/14 15:37 PM (PST)

2014 Buick Encore Leather 4dr SUV AWD (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I am an active older woman, and my husband and I wanted to buy a vehicle with some luxury touches, a higher seating position and a quiet interior. I kept looking at the Encore and being put off by reviews saying that the engine is too small, itÂ’s slow etc. But when I actually test drove an Encore Leather, I was hooked. No problems merging on to the highway or driving on hills. The turbocharged engine managed just fine. Have driven it for 3 mths mostly in town with a few trips on the highway, and one in Rocky Mountain Nat. Pk. There, the car purred quietly up and down the snowy and sometimes slippery mountain roads and I could easily control the downhill speed in the Manual range.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Buick Encore in VA is:

$164 per month*