2006 BMW Z4 Consumer Review: Love My Z

2006 BMW Z4 - Consumer Review

Love My Z
By Laurence on

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The 2006 Z4 is a great ride! Not only great looking (I get compliments several times a week), but a great drive. It rockets off the line with the 6 speed SMG paddles providing visions of F1 dancing through my head. It eats up curves, I have had it +70 mph on highway exit ramps and is very roomy for a 2 seater. All that and I use it as my daily driver too. It gets me to and from work, and has even hauled the groceries in a pinch with its very usable trunk space. Overall it is just plain fun... a practical car that you can race in a pinch, take a nice Sunday drive or go shopping in.

The control. I have driven other roadsters and Bimmers before, but the turning ability and response in this vehicle is surreal!

A little better gas mileage might be nice. Granted, that is not why you buy a car like this and it could be the aggresive way I drive it (it dares me though!) but with top down sport driving in real life I only average about 14 MPG. Other than that, this is about as good as driving gets!

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review