2002 Audi S6 - Consumer Reviews

Avant quattro 4.2L V8 AWD 5-speed Automatic - (22 reviews )
Awesome Audi
By Wicked6 on 10/22/09 18:50 PM (PDT)

2002 Audi S6 Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (4.2L 8cyl 5A)

2 years into ownership of this car, and I have NO regrets. I cannot say enough about the performance of the little V8, even at high altitude. (I bet this would be a beast at sea level.) I have 2 young kids (6 and 3), a wife, a big dog, a little dog, and stuff to haul back and forth to grandma's house 275 miles one way - this car handles it amazingly well!!! It is perfect in every way.

Family Values
By TJ on 11/23/08 19:41 PM (PST)

2002 Audi S6 Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (4.2L 8cyl 5A)

If you have children and passion for what you drive, this is the car for you. Those who cannot or will not work on your own vehicle, move along. Audi cars do require extra service attention, but the 2002 S6 Avant will reward you handsomely with luxury, performance, style, and comfort that no SUV or mini-van can or will.

You gotta pay to play!
By John in VA on 07/24/07 07:16 AM (PDT)

2002 Audi S6 Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (4.2L 8cyl 5A)

A sports car with lots of room! I talked the wife into getting it because of its inherent virtues of safety, stability, reliability, versatility, and luxury. I just wanted something fun to drive that would fit a family. You won't win many off the line against some of today's high performance vehicles, but the power delivery seems endless once you get past 60. I might as well pay in advance for speeding tickets. Maintenance/gas ain't cheap! 8 quarts of synthetic oil/$40 filter 20+gal of premium (I get 19-20 combined MPG, when I'm easy on it). Big vented brakes = big $$. Trust me - it is all worth the experience! So far it has proven to be very solid and reliable.

2002 Audi S6 Avant
By Genoa on 04/27/07 14:08 PM (PDT)

2002 Audi S6 Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (4.2L 8cyl 5A)

This drives like a Porsche, but hauls Christmas trees, and all sorts of gear. Sexier than any minivan or SUV, but not noticed by speed cops. Great ski vehicle.

S6 Avant eye opener
By Webg on 02/13/07 17:28 PM (PST)

2002 Audi S6 Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (4.2L 8cyl 5A)

The biggest 'sleeper' on the road. no one knows what they are dealing with until after the S6 taillights disappear from view. Take this wagon seriously.

Just Awesome
By racekarl on 10/27/05 15:30 PM (PDT)

2002 Audi S6 Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (4.2L 8cyl 5A)

Picked up my S6 as a CPO car after lusting after one for years. I previously owned a 2000 A6 sedan, and the S6 is everything I wish that car had been. This is simply the best wagon ever: gorgeous, fast, luxurious, and incredibly useful. The fuel mileage is abysmal, but I was fully awared of that going in, so it's not really a negative point for me.

The Best
By CaddyConvert on 08/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Audi S6 Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (4.2L 8cyl 5A)

This is the best car we have ever owned - it is a sports car with family functionality - it will get your kids where they have to go - store stuff in the trunk and will handle the road like a monster - put snow tires on it and even without the ground clearance it will burn most SUVs on slick roads - in the summer it will give an M5 a run for its money on the highway - maybe the greatest car ever designed for people who want the ability to drive a very fun car and still get the family around.

S6Avant
By horch on 04/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Audi S6 Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (4.2L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned a number of Audi's over the last twenty years and this certainly has intended acceleration.

exciting solidness
By dhrmd on 03/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Audi S6 Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (4.2L 8cyl 5A)

Astounding performance, excellent build quality. Combines the best aspects of a performance car with a feeling of luxury and comfort. This car has been completely reliable and a constant joy to drive, all in a wagon package that adds unexpected utility for a family car.

Start of a Beautiful Relationship
By yamslaughter on 12/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Audi S6 Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (4.2L 8cyl 5A)

I got the S6 just last month and I love it! It handles well, is responsive, and speedy (does as I ask it to, when I need it - especially in "sport" mode). It's the true "mid-life crisis compromise". The front end belongs to me and the back end belongs to the kids and the dogs. Great utility and fun! I hope it remains reliable in the future.