Used 2013 Volkswagen CC Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used CC for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons
3 out of 5 stars

Very good for 30 months, then......

13vwcc20t, 10/07/2015
Sport Plus 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

The good: The car really drives very good, it has a responsive 2.0L turbo, great steering, slick DSG gearbox and is all around a fun to drive sporty sedan. It's also plenty roomy despite the low roofline and has ample trunk space. The bad: I hit 39K after about 30 mos. and things started to go wrong. First was a leaky shaft seal, then a bad water pump, now I'm having an issue with the adaptive headlamps. I didn't buy an ext. warranty because I never intended to keep the car past 50K? Big mistake. By the time I get the headlamp fiasco resolved I will be out about $2000 in repair, which is simply totally unacceptable. The xenon adaptive headlamps are really impressive, but be advised those xenon bulbs are extremely expensive. To replace one will run you $350-450! Why? largely due to the cost of the bulb/transformer and the fact that the entire front bumper cover must be removed to change the bulb? In summary, it's starting to feel like a "fragile" car, not something anyone desires.

vr6 4motion - 5 years later

slk528, 05/31/2013
VR6 4Motion Executive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6AM)

Car continues running like a top. There have been no issues mechanically and the car continues to operate flawlessly. I would buy another if they offered it with a V6. I wanted a mid-size awd car that's comfortable, looks great, gets decent mpg's despite Boston traffic and had nice options for a good price. This car has it all. I had a fully loaded 550i and this car has more options at half the price and it's faster too. Build quality is terrific. I hope it lasts me a long time. Update I've now owned this three years and it's been great. Nice performance, fantastic features that are usually found in cars that cost a lot more, great in the snow and it's fairly inexpensive to maintain. Update I usually dont keep cars for a long period of time, but it's been a trusted friend for the last 4 years. Knock on wood, it's very reliable, comfortable and still has a lot of go. My kids will get to have it when I'm ready to pass it on.

Still very happy

Mack, 08/30/2016
Sport Plus 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I admit I bought this car primarily because I love the way that it looks and how it feels very upscale compared to other cars in this category. I love the way that it drives and to me the fuel economy is pretty good. (most of my previous cars have been 6 cylinders or V8's). Problem is that I drive alot, when I can, and this car is a let down for reliability. In the past year I have had to replace the Mass Air Flow sensor, Some other sensor a day after that one, the water pump, and now the engine control module. $880.00 and I am just out of warranty. I work for AAA but would rather not have so many personal testimonials about our Emergency Road Service. 2017. I have driven more than 50,000 miles since purchasing this car. There were a few maintenance issues when I first got the car but since that time it has been great. I really enjoy the way it drives. It is great on gas especially for long drives which I typically drive between California and Oregon. And it is still a head turner with the sleek design. 2019 I still have this car and it actually has been more reliable than I expected after the initial issues that I had with the car. It has been in a collision but is still very solid and free. 2020 . Only driving to work these days. Car is still solid and rattle free. Little things are showing wear. Arm rest on the drivers door has cracked vinyl. Interior lights won’t come on when I open the door even when I correct the settings. 149, 000 miles and still solid performance

CC has its moments

LS260395, 11/02/2016
Sport Plus 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I just traded my 2013 CC after 4 yrs. and 67K. Many things to like about these cars, clean coupe like styling, great seats, above average steering/handling, 2.0T pulls strong, slick shifting DSG, terrific ergonomics, decent fuel economy(averaged 25.5 mpg). The bad news is.......when these cars have problems, it's going to cost you. The xenon headlamps are great, but each bulb/transformer will set you back $300. The car went through 3 batteries (the 2.0T generates a lot of heat), the water pump went out at about 35K, I had 2 oil leaks, etc...The moral to the story here is you will need a warranty on this car and even with that the maintenance feels more like an Audi or Porsche than a VW.

4.88 out of 5 stars

Thrilled with the CC

pawwap, 08/23/2012
Sport Plus PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

The German built CC is an excellent blend of performance, style and value. The 2.0 turbo engine is very peppy and responsive. A friend who recently drove my relatively new CC Sport was sure it was a 6 cylinder from its pick up. I have gotten up to 34.5 mpg on a combined road and street drive, that with the required premium gas. Generally, in town mileage has been about 26 mpg. The interior is very elegant and at a price that is much more reasonable than the VW's German counterparts. While I have had it only a short time, I traded in my 7 year old Passat (the best car I have ever owned) to get this snazzy sedan. I am so far, thrilled each time I get into the CC.

4.88 out of 5 stars

Great sports sedan

pjkroseville, 06/10/2013
Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I've been a Honda guy since I was 17. I wanted a sedan mated to a 6 speed manual because I enjoy driving and the manual makes the experience much more fun! It is next to impossible to find an Accord with a manual transmission, so...I landed at VW. This is my first dive into a German car and I couldn't be happier with my 6-speed CC Sport. It is smooth, quiet,comfortable, sporty, great looking (many say it looks like a Benz CLS) and fun to drive. I've had it for over 5 months and I still look forward to driving it everyday. I'm in sales and spend a lot of time in my car and it's wonderful to drive. I drive over mountain passes, simply put it in 6th gear and it just goes. Well engineered

4.13 out of 5 stars

Great looking German 'coupe' with solid performance

black07gti, 01/06/2013
VR6 Lux 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6AM)

Overall, I am very happy with the CC. It's one of the best looking cars on the road, at least compared to anything under $50K, it has a fantastic looking interior (especially mine, which has the red and black seats), and the VR6 offers strong performance. You do sacrifice a little utility, but the CC is a unique vehicle that stands apart from the sea of Accords, Camrys, etc. It's also one of the few VWs that is actually made in Germany. I'll have to see about long-term reliability though. I would say either buy the Sport or the VR6 Lux. The intermediate 2.0T models simply aren't big enough upgrades to justify the price, while the VR6 adds a lot of important features.

Awesome Good

ussjimmycarter, 08/25/2013
VR6 4Motion Executive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6AM)

Just traded a Passat (2006) with the 3.6 L engine for a 2013 4 motion and the same motor. I love the car! It is quiet, comfortable, wicked fun on curves and it is beautiful! The sound system is unbelieveable. Programmable Key Fob, Air Conditioned and heated seats, when you shut the car off or hit open on the key fob all the windows go down about a 1/4 of an inch to make opening and closing doors easier! And boy is it fast! Switch to Sport Mode and manual shift and this bad boy will scream!

4.25 out of 5 stars

Good Price, beautiful interior, but car has issues.

world_travel1, 03/23/2014
Sport PZEV 4dr Sedan w/Lighting Package (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

First of all the gas and break pedals are freakishly close together - they almost overlap. Second of all, at very low speeds (such as bumper to bumper traffic) the engine feels like it as about to stall as you alternately tap the gas and break (it never does but it shakes a bit). Third the window needs to be slightly open when the door is opened and it is supposed to happen automatically but it often does not (as people getting in to the car just grab the handle and pull before the auto down feature kicks in). Fourth, you can't not hit your head as you get in the car. The window sill is too low. Fifth, you can't tap the horn, it gives a full second of honking even with the lightest tap.

Sporty, Well Equipped Drivers Car

Jim, 10/05/2016
Lux PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I have a 2013 VW CC Lux. VW has a tough time marketing and developing consumer mind share with this model. People with a $35-$40K budget don't normally think of VW and the pre-owned market benefits from this. I picked up my CC, which was a lease return, for $22K (2 years old with 19K miles). The turbo 2.0 liter engine is strong, smooth and is the same base power plant found in a lot of higher-end Audis. Road manners are excellent and I average about 27 mpg combined. This gets me about 450 miles between fill ups which is great for someone who hates stopping for gas. The transmission has a sport mode and manual shift which is great for more aggressive driving situations and mountain roads. This car comes fully equipped with features that are expensive options on a BMW 3 series. Navigation, Bluetooth, adaptive headlights - which rotate you steer, cornering lights, auto-climate control, easy to use on board computer, leather wrapped steering wheel, power/heated front seats are just a few standard features. The Lux model's huge glass moonroof creates an openness in the cabin. The car is low slung so getting in and out requires more effort, and the back seat, while fine for 2 passengers is a tight fit for 3. Lack of a back up camera is also a drawback since rear visibility is not great due to shape of roof. All in all, a great car. Pick up a lease return and save a boatload of cash.

So Under Rated

carrao33, 03/01/2014
Sport Plus 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

We have had our '13 Candy White CC for 5 months and 10,000 miles so far and we absolutely love it! It is our 2nd VW and is our favorite VW model. The 2013 refresh has made the CC much more attractive with dual xenon headlights that move as you turn the steering wheel and the tail lights are gorgeous at night! We have gotten so many compliments and seems as though most people are unfamiliar with the CC and it tends to exceed their expectations. The 2.0T is a peppy motor and with the APR stage 1 ECU tune it is a pretty quick car. Overall this car is a great bargain for all that you get.

4.38 out of 5 stars

CC Sedan Lux VR6

plee52, 04/03/2014
VR6 Lux 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6AM)

Love this car except for a couple of VERY annoying things. The main problem is the backup camera and navagation system. My backup camera takes for ever to come on. So to me, it is basically useless. I have had it in to VW 4 times and even called VW Headquarters. They replaced the whole navigation unit and the actual camera itself. NO CHANGE. They said that this was just normal for this vehicle. Only excuse they could come up with. Very sad. I feel helpless because i paid a lot for this feature. Now there is a popping sound in the windshield. I will be in for that eventually.

4.75 out of 5 stars

So far so good

jonsmayer, 10/09/2012
Lux 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I have had my CC for 2 months and must say I love it. No issues so far to report. The only complaint I have is that I feel it should come standard with the VW Fender sound system. The stock system in mine is not the greatest - can be very tinny sounding with some distortion. Satellite radio cuts out with any overhead impediment (like being under a roof at the bank teller). Other than that, things have been great. Love the styling inside and out. Engine is peppy and powerful enough for me and I've gotten pretty good mileage - roughly 32 mpg average according to the trip computer. Interested to see how it will do in winter driving.

Great power

mannyrz, 07/27/2012
VR6 Lux 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6AM)

I bought this car after driving and researching cars that did not cost more han 40.000 us. This car has great features, power is great and handling its amazing. 0 to 60 mph in 5.53 sec. Fuel consumption is great. Great lines and design. Headlights are one of the greatest improvement in this model, the nav is great, bluetooth extremely reliable with voice commands, you can do video in the screen and save music into radio hard disk. Fun to drive and if you want to feel the real power enjoy the Sport mode, it will kick full power in RPM when you accelerate. I drove a bmw 325, 335, audi 2.0 t, audi 5, ifiniti g37 and i decided to buy this one based on how good it felt driving it.

5 out of 5 stars

Great 4-cylinder Sedan! Comfy and Sporty!

Vladislav Vlasov, 09/14/2016
R-Line PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

The good: Owned the vehicle for 8 months and put 12k miles on it. Overall I am very satisfied with the car. Performs awesome for a 4-cylinder, has good pick-up, DSG Transmission is pretty cool and different. Car gave me 0 issues and only money that went out of pocket were for maintenance. The Bad: No idea why VW decided not to put a sunroof in that model, it would really be appreciated to have one. The DSG Transmission is overall nice but has its downs. When you put it in reverse and let go off the brakes, it would shift into gear and kind of give a slight shake to the car. Steering would be better if it was a little bit more stiffer. It feels a little loose to me. Overall I would recommend the car to anyone. Those engines and transmissions are nice, however you must do all the maintenance on time. Put proper oil in there, make sure you do transmission fluid flush every 30k miles, carbon cleaning every 30k miles. Those are minor things that will affect the life of engine and trans in long run. German cars are very sensitive and you can't just put cheap random oil in there and drive on it for 10k miles. A lot of people don't understand that, and end up having issues with their cars. Just make sure you maintain the car well and it won't give you much trouble!

4.75 out of 5 stars

2 weeks in

lotsofpaper, 12/19/2012
Sport Plus 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Traded in my 2009 370z for this car, really like the interior quality, it's amazingly great. Everything is solid no issues with anything. The power is of course severly less than my 370z but was becoming increasingly tired of all the teens racing me or trying to keep up. Anyway I wanted something that reflected me a lot better and this sedan does it. S mode with DSG is very good for a 2.0 engine! Very quiet, smooth, and a looker especially at night from the rear cars will slow down and stare at it. If you want something less common get this car its solid. Skip the sunroof its 3K more and it only tilts 1 inch (not worth it, for me). Love driving it!

5 out of 5 stars

My only regret was that it was leased not bought

Mollari 2261, 08/14/2015
Sport 4dr Sedan w/Lighting Package (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

3 years / 30 miles and there wasn't a thing wrong with it. It was actually heartbreaking to turn it in at the end of the lease. Everything I needed this car to do, it did extremely well. It was roomy, comfy, very stylish, practically luxurious, fun to drive, good on gas, and it never gave me a lick of trouble. Replacing this with a leased Jetta was like going to Arby's after dining at Morton's Steak House. While I lease that miserable car, I'm saving up to *buy* another CC.

Speedy, agile and noisy

k-unker, 03/07/2018
Sport Plus 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I own VW CC 2013 since January 2013. 5+ years and overall, I am pretty happy about it. I had ZERO issues with this car for all these five years. The only part that I replaced was the battery, but it's mostly maintenance thing rather than a "real repair." The engine is very tunable. I re-flashed the stock ECU with APR Stage 1 and did the same for DSG transmission, and this car is speedy. I would say that's one of the best things you can do with your 2.0t VW and if you have any doubts - do it. It worth the money. The car is very agile on a back mountain roads, and the drive is somewhat on the sporty side (however, that's not a sports car). Steering feel is num, but it's precise enough to make you confident on a freeway. What I don't like. 1) Sound insulation. The car is noisy, especially on bad pavement. It is loud and rough, and I will make you sure - you are going to feel every bump on the road. I spent 2500$ on sound deadening, and it did not help. 2) Rattles and squeaks. The dashboard rattles, and that isn't very pleasant. These rattles and squeaks are especially noticeable when the outside temperature is a bit low. 3) DSG is not a smooth transmission. If you push it hard, it jerks a lot. 4) Tons of "oversteer" after putting Stage 1. This car has to be all-wheel-drive! UPDATE. I own this car for 7.5 years now, and this is my daily driver. I put 44k miles on it (not a lot, I don't drive too much). I am changing the oil every 5k miles, which twice more frequent than the owner manual recommends. I had no issues so far. The vehicle still drives like new. The stage-1 tune is there yet, no problems whatsoever. Nowadays, this CC feels very outdated. Everything is very basic, lots of hard plastic, etc. But all materials still hold up quite nicely. There are no cracks, fading, or other damages neither to the interior or exterior. I still have the original brake pads and rotors. The maintenance I've done: 1) Oil changes every 5k miles 2) I change the engine air filter with every oil change 3) DSG liquid flush 4) New battery after five years (the old one died) 5) New spark plugs 6) New set of tires at 22k mileage because I wouldn't say I liked the stock ones.

3.88 out of 5 stars

CC burns oil

oldlawyer, 01/14/2013
Sport PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I drive this car in rural and interstate highway conditions. Unlike some, I find it to be very powerful, and I think it handles very well though it is not a racing car. And it also provides excellent fuel economy. I would say that, after 21,000 miles, it has met all of my expectations while leaving me with one major disappointment: The CC burns oil. This is a quote from the owner's manual: "Depending on the way the vehicle is driven and the operating conditions, oil consumption can be up to 1 quart per 1,200 miles (0.5•fiter per 1,000 km). Consumption may be higher for new vehicles during the first 3,000 mile.s (5,000 km)." I think this is absolutely no standard at all.

A Week into it, I love my 2013 CC LUX

lasubeguy, 01/04/2013
Lux 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I just took delivery of my new 2013 CC LUX in black oak brown with the two-tone tan/black interior and I LOVE this car! It is elegant, sporty, plenty quick enough for me and beautifully designed both inside and out. I still am astonished at how much people have complained about the grille redesign of the CC. It is relatively minor, and the car still reeks of German style and engineering (and, by the way, unlike the Passat and Jetta, is still made in Germany). It has the tight, "hard" Teutonic ride of a German car, but is also comfortable. The electronics, controls in the cabin and knobs and buttons all feel high quality and operate smoothly. The overall feeling of the car is quite Audi-like.

4.25 out of 5 stars

6 months and 5,000 miles

thurston3, 12/21/2012
Sport 4dr Sedan w/Lighting Package (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I think I have a firm grasp on this car now... Great computer features, headlights are awesome, bluetooth and other techs are top notch. I have found SOME build quality problems: loose door bolt, some auto start issues on occasion and window squeaking when the weather stripping is met my the glass. Overall a great car with great mpg and gadgets. Be warned however, this is not a "drivers" car. It is comfortable and smooth but it IS NOT a fast car and it does not corner really well either. Finally, because of the soft suspension and low ride height, take it easy over speed tables... you CAN bottom out. Would I recommend this car to anyone, YES! Does it have SOME faults... yes.

This is primo

Randel, 02/14/2016
VR6 4Motion Executive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6AM)

From an audi a4 to this, not sure why I would go back to audi. The styling is phenomenal, the options tick every box.

Very attractive car.

Kellie, 03/14/2018
VR6 4Motion Executive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6AM)

Only dislike is entering as I need to fold my head while getting in. B pillar is in precisely the wrong spot but that's what mirrors are for.

Lemmon

Randell, 08/04/2017
Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Bought a 2013 Certified Pre-owned back in 2015. 2 years layer it cant even pass inspection due to the faulty intake manifold that has been a problem on many volkswagens with the 2.0 turbo motor. My CPO warranty just expired last month and volkswagen wont even cover this part. I am going back to BMW as the volkswagen symbol is tarnished too bad to recover with me.

Head turning VW CC

Christopher Bergeron, 04/20/2016
VR6 Lux 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6AM)

My CC is awesome. It has the right blend of luxurious appointments mixed with rugged sports car.

CC lover

Steve Larson, 02/18/2018
Sport PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

My CC was the best car I’ve ever owned. After only a few days the controls felt intuitive and I am let down by driving experiences in other cars

“CC” To the Rescue

D. Blaize, 05/17/2018
Lux PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

The 2013 CC Luxury Sedan (2.0 L/ T) is a vehicle for the ages.!! I understand now why (VW) did not import it to the U. S. till 2009. It hold its value as well as it holds the road. Luckily I do my own repairs. But if I didn’t it would be for naught. The car, like the Timex Watch, “Takes a likin’ and keeps on ticking”. If you want a car that your Grandfather wished he could own - get a ( VW ) “CC”. End of Story...!!

Such a sour lemon!

AJ, 11/27/2017
Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

My 2013 Volkswagen CC is the worst car I have ever owned. In just 40,000 miles I have had ever problem possible with this car. First the clutch on the manual transmission burned out within 24 hours of driving off the lot. (I have 20 years of experience driving manual never burned one clutch) Then this thing with the motor and the EPC warning. (was covered by a recall but not anymore) Then the trunk pops open whenever I put the car in reverse. Finally the adaptive headlight just stopped working today. Going back to BMW. I will do whatever I can to prevent anyone I know from buying a VW lemon in the future. I still think this car was very bad and I would never buy it again. I would do everything in my power to prevent anyone in my family from buying this sad car.

4.5 out of 5 stars

Great car, fun to drive

kyotonigel, 07/07/2012
VR6 Lux 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6AM)

I absolutely love how my car drives - the V6 engine has powerful acceleration and the car feels very sporty which I like. The car has a lot of spunk. If you want a sports car feel with many of the features found in a luxury sedan ---the Lux V6 is the way to go. It is a very attractive car and I get a lot of compliments when driving it. People are always asking what it is because of the unique look.

Outstanding!!!

Ed Amador, 06/03/2016
Sport Plus 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I love this car. Good performance and comfort. Excellent look.

4 out of 5 stars

B+ entry level luxury car

GSB, 05/10/2019
Sport 4dr Sedan w/Lighting Package (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Purchased car used with 39,000 miles and owned to 59,000 miles. Overall decent value and smooth, comfortable ride with decent driving dynamics. Compared to 2012 VW GLI, quieter and more comfortable but noticeably more body roll in the corners. Mechanically reliable, although every time I rotated my tires they became (slightly) out of balance. I’ve read some other threads notice this is a suspension design flaw.

4.63 out of 5 stars

Great Car

redadunes, 07/31/2013
Sport PZEV 4dr Sedan w/Lighting Package (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I traded my 2011 Jetta SE for this amazing car. I got the sport auto with lighting package in fontana red with the 2 tone interior, it's a beautiful combination. I can't be any happier, this vehicle handles well and drives like a champ. It's comfortable, quite, luxurious and powerful enough if you aren't looking for a speed car. The only thing is that the breaking seems a bit off, somehow I don't feel safe when I brake with this car. I could use a bit more power too. The price was right ($26,700 with a rear spoiler and a dual chrome exhaust tip). SO far I enjoy driving this car and all my friends and family find it to be an excellent car.

Fun ride

Brooke, 09/15/2018
Sport 4dr Sedan w/Lighting Package (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I hated driving before getting this car. Now I find reasons just to drive it!! It’s so much fun and beautiful ❤️

3.75 out of 5 stars

Disappointed...

spunkywife, 04/12/2012
Sport 4dr Sedan w/Lighting Package (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I recently purchased the 2013 after owning the '12 despite my reservations due to esthetics, namely the grill because I think the grill screams 'Made in the USA' (Offense unintentional). The car seems louder and deliberate during acceleration and idling. I really enjoy looking at the 1" diameter difference in performance tires, but dislike the ride now. On the up side, my visibility at night has much improved with the LEDs. This seems to be the only time at which I am content with this decision.

1 out of 5 stars

The worst car I have ever owned

Dalton Benson, 03/01/2018
Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Do not buy this car I bought this car and it has been the worst decision I have ever made VW support absolutely sucks and all of there dealers are absolute trash. There is so many things wrong with with this engine that comes up BEFORE you hit 100k miles. The interior colors are horrible the side styling of the car is very ugly it does not come with big enough stock rims, no navigation the list goes on. Save yourself I will never buy another made by vw or sit sub companies ever.

lois's vw cc

lois a froelich, 04/05/2019
Sport 4dr Sedan w/Lighting Package (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

purchased from hertz rental car sales. excellent warranty and value for the money.

Cc