Used 2019 Volkswagen Arteon Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used Arteon for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

Arteon Art In Motion

OG Florida , 07/18/2020
SEL R-Line 4dr Hatchback w/19" Wheels (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Traded the VW Atlas(good SUV) for the Arteon SEL, It is nice to be back in a sedan! The Arteon is a beautiful piece of German styling. The ride is smooth and comfortable, the tech is fantastic, and regardless what reviewers say this car can move when pushed. The Arteon interior is well laid out and very comfortable. I got this car for way under asking price 8k, what a bargain for a car of this caliper. It is sad that VW does not promote this car more than it does currently, I think they will stop sales after the 2021 model due to slow sales. That is a shame...I do not regret getting rid of the SUV for this Arteon!!

terrible built quality...

E, 06/03/2020
SE R-Line 4dr Hatchback w/20" Wheels (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

rattles, rattles, and more rattles. The interior has numerous rattles. I still can't pinpoint most of them. This is ridiculous for being VW's flagship car. My cheaper 2017 Passat was rattle free and overall felt more solid. The ride is rough with the 20" Rline rims and does not handle rough roads well at all, the car literally feels likes going to fall apart over rough roads. The 2.0T engine is weak and acceleration is dull and the turbo lag is very evident. I know it's not a sports car but I wish it just had a spirited feel like other German cars. The transmission downshifts hard and I'm constantly jerked around especially in stop and go traffic. Just recently my side assist, forward collision, and rear traffic stop working every time it rains. Been to the dealer twice for this. My biggest complaint is the price, I have the SE Rline and for 40k it should have more standard features as the price just doesn't make sense when you can get a Golf R or GTI autobahn with every available option plus more horsepower for less money. My biggest fault was buying the Arteon before driving it but the looks sold me and coming from a VW I didn't think I would be this disappointed. If you are looking for a similar sedan I would suggest looking at the Honda Accord 2.0t.

3 out of 5 stars
3 out of 5 stars
1 out of 5 stars

What a sleeper car

Al, 04/10/2021
SEL R-Line 4dr Hatchback w/20" Wheels (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I purchased this car in 2020 it was a leftover model. Don’t let the reviews fool you this car will move. It is Sel R line w/20” tires 2 wheel drive. Silver with black interior. Very comfortable to ride in and blast to drive!!!!

Utility of an SUV-Comfort of a Luxury Car & LOOKS

BobSakamano, 08/26/2021
SEL Premium R-Line 4MOTION 4dr Hatchback AWD w/19" Wheels (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Was looking for a 2021 Arteon SEL Premium and came across a 2019 SEL Premium R-Line with only 64 miles on the odometer. Had to drive 200 miles to get it, but was able to save more than $15,000 over the price of a 2021 and still get 2019's 6/72,000 mile warranty. I also prefer the 2019 digital cockpit over the 2021. I lose out on Wireless CarPlay, but the savings and better warranty more than make up for it. The SEL Premium has so many great features. I especially love the ventilated seats, Dynaudio sound system and the adaptive headlights. The hatchback with auto open and foot assisted opening allow access to a cavernous cargo area. This car swallows cargo. Also, a full-size spare with matching aluminum wheel is unheard of anymore. My last two cars were a BMW 3 series and a Mercedes C300. They both came with garbage run flat tires. The only CON is the lack of a standard HomeLink transmitter. A $99 tool is available for the Arteon which allows app-based customization of a few irritants that are not necessarily unique to VW's. I was able to disable the annoying auto stop/start and make a few other customizations such as adding more color choices for the beautiful ambient LED lighting. As others have commented on, the Arteon is a beautiful automobile. I've never had a random stranger approach me to ask about my car, like it's an exotic or collector car until now. It's surprising how people react to it. I wish VW sold more of these. I fear that the SUV craze will kill the Arteon like so many other sedans. I love this car and have zero regrets.

VW Arteon SE has been a pleasure

HowieA, 09/14/2021
SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I've owned for about 3 months and so far have really enjoyed. My past cars have varied from Mini Paceman, Saab 9-3, Saab 9-5, and a few others. I find the VW Arteon a very smooth, powerful, and slick car to drive. I flew from Chicago to Minneapolis to pick up a certified with 4k miles, so as close to new for a used car as you can get. The seats are very comfortable with highest daily hours at 5, multiple other drives at 3+ hours. Highway gas mileage with speed of 70-80mph has been around 32mpg(almost same as my Paceman). Storage and versatility is terrific... with the hatch design, seats down I can put my roadbike in without removing tire. This was one of main reasons I started looking at Arteon and just makes this car the complete package. Now they just need to figure out how to get Americans to buy something other than SUV/Crossover/trucks. Way to go VW!!