2020 Ram 1500 Consumer Reviews

Save as much as $7,073
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

She leaks...

Joel S., 02/13/2020
Big Horn 4dr Crew Cab 6.3 ft SB (3.6L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 8A)

Custom ordered my 2020 Ram 1500 last October, received it in November, truck was great until I found a massive water spot in the drivers side foot well. Since then my truck has been at the service department 3 times for the cabin leaking water into the interior. Service department can't figure out where the water is coming from. May have to take a loss on this one and lemon law it. It's a shame too because it's a fantastic truck and looks sharp with the midnight package and white paint.

Best Truck I ever bought!

Sukhraj Dhillon, 01/06/2020
Limited 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.6 ft SB (3.6L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 8A)

Shop around, the dealerships are usually [non-permissible content removed] in regards to any incentives on this truck. I bought a Limited 4x4 and have been very happy with my purchase, Hemi has plenty of power and decent fuel economy. Interior makes my dads Range Rover jealous. Very good truck.

Unbelievable Value - Impressive truck

Will C, 11/13/2019
Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.6 ft SB (3.6L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 8A)

I looked for months and couldn't be happier with the Ram 1500. I settled on the Laramie with a lot of upgrades rather than the Limited or Longhorn because, while the options like moonroof, power running boards, 12 inch nav, were important, I didn't particularly find a lot of value in the other differences to justify paying more at the base level. And I added the options I wanted to the Laramie. Bottom line is that you can't go wrong with any of the trim levels. In my opinion, better value and better truck than anything else out there right now.

Ad
Build Your 1500

Girl with Ram Laramie

Girl with Ram Laramie, 01/21/2020
Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 5.6 ft SB (3.6L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 8A)

I love this v8 Hemi truck. The power and stability really has you feeling like your in control on road. In my opinion it’s the best looking by far and the features are amazing but only when they work properly. However... I hate that in my 7 months of ownership it’s been in the shop 11 times; totaling over 50 days there. Most of my issues were with the electronics (BU cam, heated steering wheel, frozen screen, tilt mirrors gets stuck) to name a few. After 4 days of owning the brand new Ram it had to go in because of the screeching breaks. It’s been a slow progression down hill from there. I’ve had the BU cam replaced twice. The side mirrors replaced twice. The steering wheel replaced once (going back when the new wheel comes in. Back order for over 3 months) and the brakes, caps, disks replaced twice. What’s the point of having all the bells and whistles if they don’t work?? A brand new vehicle should not have all these issues let alone a 65k one! This would be the best truck on the market hands down if not for all these annoying issues. Lemon law suit in progress.

Great Truck

Slamboni, 01/05/2020
Lone Star 4dr Crew Cab 6.3 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

I'm 6'2" tall and sat in all competitions, the Ram fits me like a glove. Seats are very comfortable and can drive a long way without any need to get out to stretch. Gas mileage is what is expected on a full size pick up truck. This is my 3rd Ram in 12 years. Keep on making them like this, and I will continue to be a repeat customer.

Amazing truck - from ride to fit and finish.

NDNavy92, 01/02/2020
Longhorn 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 6.3 ft SB (3.6L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 8A)

This is simply the most amazing truck I’ve ever owned. And I’ve owned over half a dozen across all american brands. Best ride for a truck. Simply put. Fit and finish are class leading and way above it’s class. I’ve driven over 10,900 hard miles and not a single thing wrong. Nothing. The 12 inch display works flawlessly for me and the Harmon kardon stereo amazes with streaming services like Pandora or Spotify. Huge cabin and the seats are perfect for strong support but comfortable enough for long rides. Folks that ride along are just shocked and impressed. Plenty of power, towing, payload and comfort. Reliability is yet to be seen but given the fit and finish and my buddy’s 2019’s flawless performance with over 30,000 miles - I’m a believer in the new Rams. Pricey. But well worth it. I strongly suspect the negative reviews here are other brand owners simply jealous over the fact Ram has taken the lead. I have the Longhorn, SB, 5.7L with hybrid, air suspension and all options.

Couldn't be happier!

Karma68, 01/22/2020
Rebel 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.6 ft SB (3.6L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 8A)

Over the past year I did a lot of traveling and rented a lot of rides. The rental car agency had given me 3-F150's in a row so when I walked out and saw the Ram I was quite disappointed... but when I got inside it was like ooo-wee. The interior was like a luxury car. It was a Ram Rebel, Rebel seats, panoramic sunroof, large touchscreen, Hemi, etc. Highly considered a Ford, nothing wrong with them but the price but for all the features and the look I have with my Rebel I feel 1-up on the other brands because I have so much more truck in my opinion, plus the Ram is truck of the year 2 years running, I wouldn't trade it for any other brand. I could not be happier!

The NEW king of trucks is born!

TWH, 04/27/2020
Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.6 ft SB (3.6L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 8A)

F-150, Silverado, and Sierra beware, the 2020 Ram 1500 is light years ahead of what America has come to expect out of a full-size pickup. I traded my 2018 GMC Sierra Crew 4x4 Z71 for a 2020 Laramie 4x4 Crew 5.7L Hemi and I have never been happier. The Sierra drove me insane with the incessant quarks and poor workmanship that dealers refused to acknowledge. The transmission was complete garbage, there was a mind numbing exhaust tick in the cabin, the body panels didn’t fit flush, and the truck leaned over an inch to one side. Worst new vehicle purchase of my life. Fast forward to Ram...it is evident from simply sitting in the all new Ram that FCA is DEAD SERIOUS about becoming the top dog in the fiercely competitive full-size truck market. The all new Ram (at any trim) is packed with value and attention to detail that GM cannot touch. The transmission is effortless and smooth. Cabin noise is virtually nonexistent. Throttle command and steering response are car-like. Interior appointments easily fool you into believing you are in a much more expensive automobile. The massive interior space, legroom, and storage is borderline ridiculous and is rivaled only by the much maligned Tundra. Exterior styling has finally come of age which makes this truck the most visually appealing full-size on the road. Combine all of this into Ram’s myriad of equipment, trim, and package levels and you have the NEW king of trucks. If you are considering Ford, GM, or even one of the import versions of a full-size pickup, you owe it to yourself to at least test drive the all new Ram. You will quickly see why I cannot stop raving about my new truck and why I am now (should the product continue to deliver) a Ram guy for life.

Ram customer service is the worst!!!

Christy Hates Ram, 04/01/2020
Lone Star 4dr Crew Cab 6.3 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

Here's my letter to RAM, COMPLETELY IGNORED: I purchased a truck from one of your dealers to tow a camper that I was going to purchase. The truck was loaded with trailer brake control and the giant mirrors. The dealer mentioned that Ram trucks with the Hemi can tow 11,340 LBS with no mention of gear ratios. The gear ratio issue came up when I went to purchase the camper only to find out that my truck was not build to tow more than 8,000 LBS (even though it has a "tow package") due the 3.21 gears that are installed in the truck instead of the 3.95 gears that should have been in the tow package. I contacted Ram customer care, they sent me to the dealer only to get two insane options (swap out the gears for a full retail price of $6,000 or trade the truck at a $18,000 loss). I've had the truck for less than 6 months with less than 10,000 miles. I went back to Ram customer care only to get "I'm sorry there's nothing we can do". The dealer took advantage of me, a single widow of a disabled veteran that is on a fixed income to sell a truck that was ordered/built in a way that made it unsalable. Nobody without plans of towing would buy a truck with those ridiculous mirrors and nobody that had plans of towing would buy a truck with the non-towing gear ratios. An unscrupulous RAM dealer took advantage of me and my only hope was with RAM corporate only for them to tell me to take a hike. RAM needs to step up and take care of this situation, swap out the gears or exchange the truck. Please forward this to the powers that be so this can be handled in a proper way.

New Ram Trucks Have Know defects

blackhawk791, 12/20/2019
Longhorn 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 6.3 ft SB (3.6L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 8A)

I purchased a new Ram and the Navigation system doesn't work. All the 12" screen Ram truck navigation systems don't work, and they don't inform you before you purchase it, won't take it back, and cannot fix it. Uconnect who makes the system admits its a know defect and there is no fix yet. I've been fighting this since July and the dealer, nor Chrysler will buy the truck back. Getting a good lawyer and going after everyone who lied, didn't divulge the truth and wont take the truck back. Don't buy and Chrysler product. They are not part of the Better Business Bureau and now I know why. Mine is 5.7 liter, which isn't even listed as an option for this review. Limited. The liability for lemon laws is different for know defects, check out where you live. For us, the liability is the cost of the vehicle, if the defect was know to Chrysler, there is no liabilty limit and even individuals who lie and even falsify documents to support Chrysler are personnally liable. $$$$$$ don't get taken like I did. I'll never stop informing customers of this terrible organization I will never deal in any Chrysler product including Jeep, Fiat etc

Best Upgrade of ride for Road tripping lifestyle .

AnastiaNY&TX, 02/15/2020
Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.6 ft SB (3.6L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 8A)

I've been driving my Kia Sorento V6 AWD since 2004, through all kinds of weather in the Northeast where I used to live and work and moved to Texas after retirement drove it mostly to visit state parks for camping with my two pets Beagles. I decided after 3 years of Texas life to venture out to Rocky Mountain states ,more off road camping adventures thus needs to haul more stuff . Buying the RAM Laramie was mostly influenced and guided me by reviews from Edmunds, watching their videos and researching about other reviews about safety standards. After test driving the Ram , I definitely knew it's the Best choice compared to other cars I optioned off. RAM Laramie is Luxury with power , smooth maneuvers , and comfortable long drive, responsive control system and love the safety features most of all , worthy of price because when going road trips ,safety and reliability plus comfort are Priceless...

1500 Rebel 4x4 5.7L Hemi E-torque

John Tuchek, 04/30/2020
Rebel 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.6 ft SB (3.6L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 8A)

Great truck that has superb pulling power... Interior is the best I've ever seen.

I'm driving my dream truck

Big D, 05/05/2020
Big Horn 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.6 ft SB (3.6L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 8A)

I love this truck. I got the big horn night edition in all black with the LED lights, 5.7 etorque, 3.92 , level 2 package. It is such a pleasure to drive. I'm 6' 7" tall & I have plenty of room in the front or back seat. The truck has plenty of power. The transmission is so smooth you don't even feel it shift. Back up camera is crystal clear. I previously had a 2013 Ram 1500 that I traded in for this. It is a night & day difference between the two. I highly recommend buying this truck.

Love My Laramie

Don, 05/12/2020
Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 6.3 ft SB (3.6L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 8A)

I bought a Laramie and absolutely love it. I have put 16000 miles on it and it has not had any issues. Smooth ride and quite as a mouse. I have owned many luxury cars and have to say this Ram beats them all in interior quality. I got the 5.7 with eTorque. I could not be happier.

Happy Customer

Will, 03/24/2020
Lone Star 4dr Crew Cab 6.3 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

Price was not as advertised with all the options. Once you start adding all the fun accessories, it gets pricey. But at its core, its a great buy. With the Big Horn Crew Cab, you get everything you need. Updated styling, 4WD, back up camera, are amongst the goodies that come with the package. I was disappointed to see that the parking sensors were not included in the price, eventhough it was included in the 2015 version (I know because I had one).

Great truck

Awtreb, 04/17/2020
Big Horn 4dr Crew Cab 6.3 ft SB (3.6L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 8A)

Have had 4 ram trucks. This is by far the best built and nicest truck out right now. Ford and gm should be ashamed of the interiors in there trucks.

Good Truck

Ray, 02/04/2020
Longhorn 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 6.3 ft SB (3.6L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 8A)

Some of the 2020 features on the longhorn are great. Like the cruse control that adjust to the traffic, and the lain departure info along with back up and surround cameras, Auto park is not great so won't use it. also some phone changes like auto response dose not work well. But overall a great truck .

Bad paint

Mike A., 05/20/2020
Big Horn 4dr Crew Cab 5.6 ft SB (3.6L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 8A)

Every time you wash it you see more scratches I’ve had this truck one month it has 225 miles on it the dealership has tried 4 times to get the scratches out very dissatisfied it’s a 2020 Ram Big Horn I traded in a 2017 that had nice paint and a couple of scratches I regret buying this truck

2020 1500 Big Horne front drivers seat buckets

Ken Brice , 12/27/2019
Lone Star 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.6 ft SB (3.6L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 8A)

Very uncomfortable drivers seat. Bucket style, cloth. The right side of the drives seat, u can feel something. Not sure if it's foam on the seat that make u set off to the side by the console, but it's not comfortable at all. Took it back with 700 miles and even went and sat in another one. They said they redesigned them (the seats and lumbar) in 2020. Not sure If it's TRUE or not. 1500 v8 short bed, big horn. Your model type only has v6??

Ram truck

Jay manor, 03/11/2020
Big Horn 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 6.3 ft SB (3.6L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 8A)

Amazing truck very well built very little to any road noise nice interior

Awesome truck!

Mike, 01/11/2020
Lone Star 4dr Crew Cab 6.3 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

The 2020 Ram 1500 is an awesome truck. I have only had it for 10 days, but already I love it . It is everything you would want in a truck. Comfort, ride, power, the Ram has it all and then some. The 5.7l hemi is amazing!

Luxury in a Truck

E Allen, 03/29/2020
Limited 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.6 ft SB (3.6L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 8A)

We've been long time Ram owners. So many in fact we lost track of how many we've had over the years as we decided to trade in our 2009 for a new one. We opted for the Limited and are enjoying all of it. The deciding factors haven't disappointed. The cameras and air suspension make it easy to hook up to a trailer, get in and out of tight spots, and for someone that has limited mobility the air suspension and steps have been incredibly helpful. We haven't put too many miles on it yet so far so good.

Luxurious Laramie

Michael, 04/06/2020
Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.6 ft SB (3.6L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 8A)

This truck is top notch, test drove the Big 3 and must say Ford and GMC have a ways to go to reach the comfort and drivability that the Ram offers! However... They need to expand the options on this servay, the model I bought isn't on the list of selections below. I purchased the Laramie Sport package with the 5.7 hemi, 5'7" bed.

High expectations for my 3rd Ram 1500

TexasMopar, 04/21/2020
HFE 4dr Quad Cab SB (3.6L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 8A)

Just bought 2020 Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn, what a fantastic truck, 2 weeks and 1000 miles. Incredible interior, very nicely done. Good looking truck, tons of features, excellent ride, Plan to start towing 7000Lb travel trailer soon. Looking forward to many years with another Ram. (You do not show the 5.7 Hemi on your drop down box)

Great truck!

Jason, 04/26/2020
Big Horn 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.6 ft SB (3.6L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 8A)

I decided on a Ram because it looks great, the interior is awesome, and the price is right. My other considerations were the F150 and Silverado. The Ford's just weren't comfortable, and the Chevys are butt ugly with a cheap looking interior. My past experience with a Tundra, (worst truck I've ever owned), made the choice of not looking at them easy.

Awesome daily

Ryan, 01/09/2020
Rebel 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.6 ft SB (3.6L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 8A)

Inside and out is a wonderful daily drive. My only unsurprising complaint is the mpg stink, even for a 3.6L and on a 33gallon tank. It's comparable to the v8.

Great truck

Tony Caprone, 04/18/2020
Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 5.6 ft SB (3.6L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 8A)

Solid all around. Laramie interior features are great. The V6 is perfect for my needs, got alot of trash talking that only V8 is a must, however I'm not hauling loads or trailers daily. Great on gas mileage. Only issue is you have to do a few more steps for the uconnect navigation system to work. Waiting on updates from Chrysler. Also only had the truck a few months- noticed both rear interior door jam under the rubber molding have slight cracking of paint. Going take it in for touch up.

Most comfortable and techie truck available

RGJIV, 02/10/2020
Limited 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 6.3 ft SB (3.6L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 8A)

The Ram 1500 Limited is a real joy to be in. There is still some tweaking to be done to the Uconnect system, but it's still way better than the competition.

Really nice truck

Don moore, 01/22/2020
Big Horn 4dr Quad Cab SB (3.6L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 8A)

Great!

7th Ram

Ram, 02/26/2020
Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (3.6L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 8A)

Great reliable and good looking trucks

The Ram Review

Brandon, 04/16/2020
Big Horn 4dr Crew Cab 5.6 ft SB (3.6L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 8A)

The dodge ram 1500 that I purchased has a V6 engine. Just be aware as you look at the price. This was not a deal breaker for me, and since I do not do a lot of towing works for me. Otherwise this truck was exactly what I was looking for.

Spectacular Truck

Roy Gonzales , 04/19/2020
Rebel 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.6 ft SB (3.6L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 8A)

There is a spacious amount of head and leg room in the front and back.

Leader of the Pack

Jack of all Trucks, 05/11/2020
Limited 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.6 ft SB (3.6L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 8A)

Great truck among trucks. Has it all in virtually all categories. Unfortunately, it must wait, as other family priorities take center stage today.

Engine not designed for towing

Jason M, 05/29/2020
Lone Star 4dr Crew Cab 6.3 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

There are many things about the RAM 1500 Hemi that I like, however all of that is over shadowed by the fact that this engine has major problems with exhaust manifold bolts breaking. I was told it has to do with towing by the dealer and even RAM. We bought it to tow a small horse trailer and one horse, about half of the weight of the advertised towing capacity. I am now on my 3rd, yes third set of broken exhaust manifold bolts. First 2 were covered under warranty, now I have to pocket. RAM offered to pay half of the cost and told me this is a one time only offer, do not contact them if it happens again. They know there is an issue with these engines. I was told by the dealer the kit to fix it would take care of the problem, well it keeps happening. I would highly advise to look elsewhere or go for the diesel if you plan on hauling anything other than some 2x4's and mulch in the Hemi.

Luxury feel in a truck!