Used 2018 Porsche Cayenne Hybrid
Edmunds' Expert Review
- Truly impressive handling for a crossover SUV
- Wide selection of powerful engines available
- Exquisite interior and build quality
- Plenty of customization options
- Relatively small cargo capacity for the segment
- Quite a few optional features should be standard given the price tag
- No significant changes
- Part of the second Cayenne generation introduced for 2011
- The third Cayenne generation debuts for 2019
The 2017 Porsche Cayenne S isn't the sportiest trim available from Porsche, but it provides a surprisingly high level of on-road performance, even by sedan standards. Combine this with a good tow rating and you end up with a surprisingly versatile SUV.
The 2017 Cayenne S combines a quiet cabin with seating that preserves comfort for long-distance cruising and still offers excellent support for more dynamic driving. The optional adjustable air suspension is key in this area, offering varied height and ride comfort settings.
Porsche does interiors well. The 2017 Cayenne's cabin layout is highly intuitive and well insulated, and it has excellent fit and finish. Whether you spend your time commuting or taking long road trips, the Cayenne provides a fast-moving sanctuary of comfort from the world outside.
For an SUV of its size and weight, its utility is below average. Similarly priced rivals are almost all better in this regard.
The Porsche Cayenne offers most of the infotainment and safety tech expected at this price range. Note we said "offers" because most of it is optional. Features such as a rearview camera, Apple CarPlay and forward collision warning are all extra cost items.
Most helpful consumer reviews
S E-Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C gas/electric hybrid 8A)
Bought a new 2018 Cayenne E Hybrid two days after owning it started to have problems when engine starts in morning or when it goes from electric to engine it runs rough displays a miss fire code and to be able to drive you have to shut it down and re start. Its been to dealer multi times they say theres nothing wrong. I must be using bad gas when they did the first fill even on the car. I call this a dud Suv
Features & Specs
Our experts like the Cayenne models:
- Porsche Active Safe
- Warns you about impending forward collisions and automatically applies the brakes if necessary. Bundled with the adaptive cruise control.
- Reversing Camera
- Shows what's behind you. A surround-view version is also available. It's a must-have.
- Multi-Collision Brake System
- Automatically applies the Cayenne's brakes after an initial collision occurs to minimize further damage to other vehicles.