Used 2018 Porsche 911 GT3
Pros & Cons
- Outstanding combination of performance and civility
- Benchmark transmissions
- Rewarding driving dynamics
- Endless customization potential
- Evolutionary styling doesn't stand out like it once did
- Road noise can be excessive
List Price Estimate
$61,608 - $71,208
Used 911 for SaleSee all for sale
Which 911 does Edmunds recommend?
While the 911 is a consistently brilliant car all the way up to the range-topping Turbo S, the fundamental goodness of the base Carrera model is often underappreciated. We'd go with a Carrera coupe with few options. Purists will want the outstanding manual gearbox, but the PDK dual-clutch automatic transmission is exceptional, too. The Premium Package with power sport seats is a great value, and we'd add Sport Chrono and the front axle lift system.
Edmunds' Expert Review
The competence of the Carrera S spans a vast range. It expertly balances power and high-speed performance with in-town drivability and everyday use. The dual-clutch automatic gearbox is a benchmark, and its acceleration from any speed is seamless. You have to look for turbo lag to find it.
The standard-bearer of comfort among sports cars. Great seats, a firm but forgiving ride and plenty of creature comforts. Road noise with the optional wheels and tires is the sole black mark.
Loads of headroom and good forward visibility. Materials quality and driving position are excellent. Though the backseats are small, not many competitors even offer them. Limited rear visibility and a backup camera that isn't great.
The Carrera S is pretty practical for a sports car. Beyond the front trunk, the rear seat has a fold-down luggage shelf that's quite useful. The cabin has smart small-item storage solutions.
While an improvement on previous systems, the current Porsche tech interface isn't the most user-friendly on the market. Device integration and voice controls had a few hiccups during our test. Get past those quirks, though, and the system can do all of the basic tasks you'd expect.
|Overall||8.4 / 10|
Features & Specs
Our experts like the 911 models:
- Automatic Post-Collision Braking System
- Reduces the severity of a secondary collision by automatically braking the vehicle after an initial collision.
- Lane Change Assist
- Monitors blind spots to the sides and rear of the vehicle and visually alerts the driver when another vehicle is present.
- Active Rear Axle Steering
- Improves stability during high-speed lane changes and increases agility in tight corners.