Used 2008 Pontiac Grand Prix Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Grand Prix for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

GRAND PRIX GXP 2008-STILL THE BEST

awos, 05/31/2013
GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Just an update on my 2008 GXP. I have 55,000 miles on it now and still running like new. It's hard to believe that most car mags blasted this car. This car will run with most sports sedans and knock the hell out of the rest. If you can find one thats been maintained, oil changes and the like, BUY IT. I'm 6' 3"" tall and 230 lbs and the leather seats are still in great shape. Why Pontiac was killed is a shame. Bring it back, somebody.

Gxp, Pontiac's best

AL, 06/01/2010

Have had this car for a year now, the only repair we have had was a flat tire. They best car we have owned! For someone who is big, comfort is excellent. Power is enough too put down most cars. Why they axed Pontiac is a crime.

Pontiac shouldn't have left us

Tom rauch, 12/30/2015
GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

After owning the car for about a year, I have gone through all 4 seasons. Spring, good. Summer, alright with the exception of the tranny running hot. Fall, good. Winte... now getting 2 feet of snow in a week, icy roads and a v8. I was nervous, but with stability control, abs, and traction control I found myself more relaxed through the winter then I thought I would be. This car has truly surprised me with it winter capabilities. I snowboard and so I need room for my gear, and also need to get up the mountain. This car has proved itself worthy. Now fuel economy for me is about 22 mpg, I drive 60 miles a day just for work and plus all of my running around is in this car. For a v8 and me having a heavy foot sometimes, I can't complain. Which brings me to my next point. This car is quiet, but if you open her up she has a growl that is just beautiful. Not to much and not to little. The interior is... Well the hud is nice, I love the seats, butt warmers, dual auto climate control, and dic. However the plastics rattle Alot. It is in my opinion the biggest down side to the car. I am aproaching 120k miles, and do regular maintenance, along with preventative maintenance, and have had no major issues yet. The value had gone down to much, so if you wanted one now is the time for 4 or 5 grand. I am happy with this car so far after putting almost 50k miles on it and hope it keeps me that way.

2008 GP GXP

awos, 03/12/2012

I have had my red GXP for 3 1/2 yrs now. She got 48,000 miles on her and no problems, here that Consumers Report, Car & Driver and rest of critics. The car preforms day in and day out. Fast, comfortable and reliable. I am 6'2" and there's plenty of room Interior is standing up better than expected.

Favorite Car

mike_ike, 06/12/2014

I am writing this review on a 2008 Pontiac Grand Am that I own. I have owned this car for about two years and have only one bad thing to say about the car but other than that the car has been a great fit for me. I have owned the car for about five years. It has great gas mileage, great horsepower, it has needed only minimal repairs, and the only thing bad thing about it has been an issue with the ignition but that has been fixed. This is my first Pontiac I have bought and I don’t regret the decision one bit. Every day I have to commute about 20 miles to work, so most of the miles I have put on my car are highway miles. My Pontiac gets around 30 miles per gallon on the highway.

Last year 2008 GP GXP goes out Winner!

69Judge, 09/13/2009

These GP GXP's are a terrific value right now. Very stylish inside and out. It is a blast to drive the V8 is strong and produces a great exhaust tone on the road, it handles the road with ease all instrumentation is easy to read and driver friendly. Everyone loves te suede leather bucket seats they are really comfortable. I have plenty of head/leg room. The 18 inch rims really make the car stand out in the parking lot. The GXP makes driving fun again, sporty with V8 power to match and all the extra options you'd expect from a luxury car. The 05-08 GXP's(14,800) are one of the automotive industry's best kept secrets!! I'm very, very happy with mine.

Great Car!

Great Car, 04/11/2010

This is a great car! I get about 24 miles per gallon average, which isn't fantastic, but isn't that bad, either. I love all of the features, like remote access, CD player, cruise control and especially the on-board computer system with trip meters, tire monitor and oil monitor. I feel very safe in this car! The other day I had run over a nail and didn't even know it until my computer system warned me that my front passenger tire was low! I love the sporty style, so unique from other cars out there. This is no boring Toyota! Great power, better than my 1996 Subaru. Only bad thing is the poor quality materials in the interior. Interior is set up nicely, though. Massive trunk space!

BMW Killer?

Realworld, 04/19/2008

As far as this thing compared to a European sedan, that's like comparing a Jackhammer to a golf club. It does go - but, pretty much where ever the surplus of traction happens to be - hang on tight! or you might kiss the guard rail. Amenities are good but overkill - "Stealth Mode" is a bit sophomoric, as are the useless fixed tap shifters in a dated 4 speed slush box. (they work fine as a two speed stoplight racer). Brakes are more aesthetic than athletic - and where is the Spare tire? a can of goo? Interior quality typical GM with loose door panels(one fell off in parking lot after opening drivers door!), cheap plastic buttons and drooping headliner. Not too reassuring in a new car

2008 grand prix gxp

DUANE, 09/30/2010

Beast car I ever had, love how it handles and hugs the road. Great body design

Very Comfortable Car: a few design flaws

HK2674, 03/31/2008

We just drove this car for a week and drove 3,000 miles in it (with our dog). It was a very comfortable, great car with a lot of room. We drove it from Nevada to Nebraska in rain, blowing snow, gusting winds and some black ice.

Not a BMW 5 series killer...

Gomez, 01/19/2008

While the exhaust notes are a delightful symphony, the suspension and torque steer remove any fantasies of carving a canyon and putting the whup on any German engineered product. First impression: throaty growl stimulates adrenal gland...then ride on the street is like drinking sour milk. Suspension is so soft that the front emd bottoms out at speed over moderate undulations in the road. Feels like floating in a raft in the pool. Torque steer nearly planted me in the car in the next lane on the freeway. Under hard acceleration, it is not unlike flying a helicopter: don't even think of releasing the controls! Constant input requirement drowns the fun of the acceleration.

Perfect Blend

Dave, 06/30/2008

After reading the Edmunds Editor review I have to conclude that he or she did not even drive the car. First of all the GXP V8 weighs less than the old 3.8 supercharged GTP and I have seen 0 - 60 in less than 6 seconds. This car is a great blend of performance, fun, comfort and if driven correctly on the highway can get super mileage. I have been averaging 29 mpg on the highway and can still punch it out from a red light and leave a nice cloud of smoke in the rear view mirror. True to the G8 is a great performance car, but try driving it in the snow. At least the GXP gives you the V8 push and still offers descent year round driving capabilities. Next time have your editor drive one.

Great Car!

VROOOOOM!, 05/13/2008

What an awesome car! I am a little sad that this will be the last Grand Prix model year, and that 2 doors are not an option anymore. But otherwise, I have owned 4 Pontiacs, 2nd Grand Prix (other was a 01 GT) and I expect the same level of satisfaction as with all the others. Gas mileage is NOT BAD for a V8, especially with the active fuel management system. When you spend as much time in a car as I do commuting, you must LOVE your car! Traded a Mazda CX7. The CX7 was awful on gas (with a 4 cyl), very hard to see out of, and felt cheap! I did not feel the joy of "zoom zoom." I definitely like the VROOM VROOM more!

GM Cheated Us

GMMan, 10/12/2010

WE bought a used pontiac grand prix se from Iron Trail Motors in Virginia Mn with 26,000 miles on it. The day after we got it the car started to have problems. The dealer fixed a few thing but not the major issues like the paint falling off. that's right the car now has 49,972 miles and the paint is falling off. i called GM and took it to get looked at, they told us it was in an accident and repainted and now delamination has began.GM said they cant help us but there is no proof of any accident on the title. They said there's nothing they can do. So in all don't go to a Gm dealer or you might get a car thats been smashed then GM says "sorry we cant help you"and so did the dealership that did it.

I'm done

neveragain, 12/23/2009

Well, I love the interior and the sound of a V8 and that’s the extent of my love affair with this car. I have been towed to the dealership twice. Steering issues at the shop three times. Two additional home steering repairs. Serpentine belt tensioner rod broke… towed again! Multiple broken rims and blown tires… low profile and Michigan bad combo. Average MPG 21. Not great, since I drive 90 miles round trip to work daily, of which about 70 is hwy. I am actually paranoid when driving it now waiting for the next break down. I owe $11g on this beautiful heap and gotta get rid of it! Thanks Motor City!

New to me

skitterbug, 02/15/2010

My 08 grand prix is 2 yrs old w/ 60k miles. I've only had it 2 days but so far it seems like a good car. The interior could use some work, I'm 5'7 and I feel like i'm going to hit my head on the roof w/ the seat completely lowered. On the other hand my 2 children cann't see out the windows in the back because the seats are too low. My son is 4'3, 5 yrs old and in a booster, the window placement is way too high. Plus I'm use to driving SUV's and I don't like how low the car sits I feel like I have to pull myself up out of the car. Time will tell I love pontiac and this is my second one. My sunfire lasted 7 years w/ tons of driving and little maintence hope this one holds up as well.

Runs and Drives but not much more.

driverEd!, 09/20/2010

Purchased this with 30K on it and was excited for the 100K warranty. Too bad it does not cover anything that went wrong with this car. Fun to drive, exterior looks somewhat dated, but cool, interior is junk. Shift linkage jammed up and could not put car in drive, had to be towed. Heater vent fell out and split in half. Window seals on driver door leaks water, drips on window switches. Glove box handle broke and fell off, $165 for that part. Trunk seal leaks water, trunk gets moldy smell. Once and a while the engine won't start without cranking for over 1 FULL minute. Just another Union made piece of junk. It's for sale as of today!

Very cheap interior and build quality

sbronemann, 06/20/2013

I bought this car in May of 2012 with 28,500 miles on it. Currently has 62k on it and things are starting to go bad. Headlights turn off occassionally on their own, valve cover gasket is leaking, sunroof leaks, and ignition switch is going bad. It is fun to drive and does get pretty good gas mileage, recent trip to South Carolina resulted in 31.3 MPG cruising right at 71 mpg GPS verified. The torque steer is absolutely horrible as you could expect with a front drive V8 with 303 HP. Looking to get rid of it very soon.

I'm trying to find the positives

Russell Lewis, 11/07/2007

Let me start by saying, I've only had this car a few days but wow... It is awful. No light in the trunk. Front doors don't unlock when you open the door twice. The odomoter is in a stupid place. The radio has FM text, good luck reading it. The A pillars are in AWFUL locations, visibility out of the car is dangerously deminished. I think Pontiac hired Pablo Picasso to do the interior ergonomics. I'm sure someone calls it beautiful, but it doesn't fit any human. The steering wheel is just awkward, has too much slop/play and feels cheap. The seats are also rather bad. As for how the car drives.. Awful. The car I have doesn't have anti-locks!

Grand prix 2008 6-banger

mondo, 06/13/2008

This car is very fun, I think people driving next to you don't expect this car to perform as it does (it is a sedan). I've owned many nice cars and todays economy has forced me to buy under 20,000. For the money this car is perfect for average sized people, small families can benefit greatly. I can't believe the gas mileage! It rides like a silent hotrod if you will, but cost very minimal to operate. Say what you want about the fancy technology inside, get extended warranty. The power train warranty is piece of mind enough. Would recommend this car to anybody!

Never buy something just because it looks nice

Dave, 09/02/2018
4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The only good thing I can say about this car is the profile. My dad bought it brand new in 07 ran good up till 2011. I'm constantly taking that car to the shop. It's never a simple $50 to $100 fix its always $500 for this $800 for that $1000 for this. It not like I hot rod in it. I baby the f✴✴k out of that car.

very nice car

ricktart, 06/03/2008

This car is very nice the day after I bought the car I drove it from New Jersey to Florida and it drove great the whole way good power also not a whole lot but its got a lot of pep and will spin tires extremely easy had some problems with the molding under the windshield wipers but the dealer is taking care of that its got a semi sporty interior but a lot of plastic

Very nice car

RICKTART, 06/04/2008

I bought this car and drove from New Jersey to Florida and back very nice ride for long distance the front seats felt kinda hard and uncomfortable but the handling and the speed makes up for it a lot of power for a 6 cyl. For the size of the car spins tires with ease great high speed handling would recommend to anybody

A "FAN" for GrandPrix...

photoguy, 07/09/2008

3 weeks & 1500 miles of ownership so far & totally satisfied! Looks great on the outside & inside (ivory White) (camel interior)! Nice "stock" sound system & very nice ergonomic & (comfort) features makes this car fun to drive, pleasure to own, can't wait to drive it every day ! Refined powertrain is peppy too! Handling & other features are better than consumer reports "says" they are, (. By the way !). One has to drive this automobile to appreciate it (thank you gm!)

Surprisingly fun

Toyota Boy, 07/27/2008

I rented this car for a week on Maui and was pleasantly surprised. I've always liked the looks of the Grand Prix, and after sitting behind the wheel I really began to dig it. It took a little getting used to the layout of the cabin but once I did, I found myself loving the feel of the car. Smooth power, great in the twisties (driving up& down the switchbacks to the Haleakala crater at 10,000 ft). The interior feels a little cheap but I'd only place it a little below the '08 Camry. Overall, I'd say this is a fun car for a good price and definitely worth a look if you're in the market for a sedan.

My 2nd Pontiac Grand Prix

shawnmichaels123, 08/15/2008

I am a long time Pontiac fan. While considering the new G8, I also researched other cars that Pontiac had to offer. Once I found out about all the standard equipment that the 2008 Grand Prix, I never looked back. It has everything you need at a MSRP of $22,210. Right now is a great time to consider this automobile. When I purchased my new Grand Prix on 8-8- 2008, Pontiac offered a great cash rebate or fair financing. Also, this is the last year of the Grand Prix. Dealerships will definitely work with you on your final purchase price. Thank you

Practical and Pretty

Frank, 09/04/2008

Affordable sedan that looks great, front wheel drive for Colorado snow and sporty feel and drive. Reliable and refined W platform means nice ride and long life power train (3800 Gen III) V6 engine. Power is adequate.

One HOT car!

Amy, 09/13/2008

My husband and i are military, so we have a lot of traveling! we needed something big enough for a growing family. my dad has a 06' and he LOVES it so we bought one and this car is the ANSWER! I get about 22/31 which is great for this size of car! we love it

At Used Pricing Its a Fantastic Value

Kosty, 10/10/2008

My purchase was a rental fleet vehicle with sunroof and leather heated seats XM Radio. Well below MSRP, great value. After driving, my impressions have only improved. Vehicle was impressive for the price. Ergonomics for driver and front seat passenger are great. Headroom with sunroof for passenger is only issue for tall passengers. Fold flat front seat and rear seats give almost incredible transport capacity. its almost like a small SUV for cargo. Driver info display , radio and climate controls as well as steering wheel controls are well thought out. Lumbar support, seat adjustments and heated seats make vehicle comfortable for long distance driving. Buy used for real value.

Excellent buy

LS, 11/08/2008

The Grand Prix has always been one of the cars that I've liked, so i decided to give it a look wheni was in the market even though this was its last year. The drive is assurred, and fun, with ample power. i like the aggressive styling, and the quiet cabin. the interior is a tad bland, but everything else makes up for it. the drivers seat is nice and comfortable, and envelopes you in the seat. it feels like it has more than the 200 HP that it's rated at as its quick out the gate, and its mice to have the power when needed. Good MPG, in my first 1K I avg 23MPG in the city, which is excellent for a V6. bottom line, is that I think that I've made the best decision, as this was a great value.

Gotta Love it!

Cheryl, 11/18/2008

I just purchased my 2008 Grand Prix Sedan & I am just loving it! I had a Chrysler Sebring, then a Chevrolet HHR & my favorite is the Grand Prix! Just wish it was summer so I could ride the highway! But I just enjoy driving it back & forth to work. It's comfortable, classy, and has get up & go when you want it to. Plenty of space too. Love the display that lets me know if the tire pressure is low and also the option to have OnStar makes me feel a little better driving in the snow in Michigan. I feel secure. A must drive, must buy and enjoy!

An Honest Review

stelo27, 12/03/2008

I had a 2006 Grand Prix GT V6 Supercharged and fell in love with it. I have always been a big Mazda fan growing up but had to switch to Pontiac after trading in my Mazda 6S for the 06 Grand Prix GT. I had it for 8 months and then sadly wrecked it. So i turned around and jumped right back into a 2008 Grand Prix, but the GXP this time. I love it. There is room for improvement, which i believe they have accomplished it in the new G8, But people, this is an awsome car. Especially for the price. I got mine slightly used with 9k miles on it, it MSRP for $29800, but being that its the last year for the Grand Prix and with the G8 now available, I got my GP GXP for $19000 and you can't beat that.

Stand back overpriced/overrated Euros

Ken Hansen, 12/28/2007

A dream and a hoot to drive!!! Beautiful erogonomic interior...all dials and switches easy to use and read...fabulous acceleration and gas mileage....zippo maintenance...and I don't have to carry a mechanic with me or pay for his trips to Germany or Japan every few months....the GM sleeping giant has awakened...big time. Here is a fairly priced car that does it all! And yeah, it's American!

Last of the Grand Prixs

peter christoff, 02/15/2009

I think it was a big mistake for GM to do away with the Grand Prix. I love mine. I test drove a new G8, and was not impressed at all. The 2008 Grand Prix got a bad rap when they underrated it as just another carry over car that was ready to be put out to pasture,so to speak. I will drive this one with pride, and hope GM brings it back in a few years like the Camaro.

Wow!!

Amy, 02/12/2009

I bought my Grand Prix 08, last year. My husband took me to a place right off base. And i saw a beautiful white/pearl car staring at me! we have a daughter who is turning 3..and let me tell you. <great> the car is sooo smooth! everyone who gets in,..their first word is (WoW) this is a smooth car! plus it's big enough for a family..yet compact enough to be sporty! my husband loves my car! and my favorite feature is when you first get in, every single detail curves around the driver! I would say, its made to fit you!! Not to mention, in these economic times, we get about 19/24mpg yet it's cheaper then the camry and the malibu!

1st new pontiac

john , 03/20/2009

I've only had this car for 6 days, highway was nice with little background noise with auto radio. I get excited every time I drive and love the car it's the newest car I’ve ever owned, and more power then I’m used to but I’m trying to conserve. it's roomy for everyone. The car does have get up and go, haven’t gone on highway for long distance. I too like cockpit feel and how everything centers around me driving and easy access to info. I would like less plastic and stronger feel buttons I want this car to last and look good the whole time. I also hope they might bring back and improve gas or turn to cng car or hydrogen car for zero emission! and I'd get that I got this cause owned two pontia

Sleeper GXP

wzntme78, 04/18/2009

I purchased this car with about 12,000 on it, as a former program car. The car right of the bat sold itself as far as performance and comfort went. I fell in love with the rumble of the exhaust..And punch the pedal and you can feel the pull. As for torque steer, we are talking about an big torgue high hp V-8 in a car...Not some little handa with 200 hp and no real torque, so of course you will have this at times. Just hold on and make sure you are aimed in a direction other than whats desired! Torque steer can also be found in any Cadillac fwd with the northstar!

Lots of Problems - ready for a new car

tsfergus, 05/21/2009

Was fun to drive in the summer, but living in Michigan - it is single- handedly the worst vehicle I have ever driven on snow and ice. It was so bad that it could no longer be used on the freeway during the winter. Also, for over a year now, there is a constant squeaking noise coming from the front tire. Three times to the dealership, new brakes and they still can't find out what's wrong. Have also had a electronic system failure warning pop up on the dash display twice. Not very comforting when you drive on the freeway everyday. Overall, too many problem for a new car.

Great Car to Own, driven 25000 miles.

WestWorth9, 07/14/2009

My Pontiac is a standard coupe with options. It has remote start (great for winter for heat or summer for A/C) built-in antenna, painted alloy wheels, full power seats, windows, doors, etc. Body on outside is great. The interior is overall good besides a little rattle of the smallest, imobile vent in the dash that is intermittent. Everyone loves my car but I've seen the same frame on the reliable, world famous 2002 Impala. That is not a bad thing at all, the interior is way different! I can't be more annoyed by prissy-foot drivers saying, "too much torque!" IT IS A PONTIAC!! THEY MAKE ALL CARS FASTER!! My Pontiac NEVER got stuck in the 2009 winter storm of Seattle!! 8" anywhere!!

love it, but material quality stinks!!!!

thomas_cory2000, 09/16/2009

The gas mileage sticker claimed 15/25. Well I get about that city but, highway I get usually 33mpg going 55mgh - gets 27 mpg going 65 mph (as long as I stay out of it). Brakes are amazing, handling is also amazing for a 4 door family car that weights 4,600lbs. My main complaint is the quality of the materials. I take very good care of my car and baby it! The leather on the seats is starting to wear more then my 5 year old Cadillac I had prior, the paint job stinks, it's starting to chip and wear in places it shouldn't for a 2 year old car and the interior is all plastic?? Shouldn't this problem with a $30,000 car.

GREAT CAR

Alan, 10/01/2009

The best car I've owned in my 63 years of living. I'am 6'3" tall and have all the room I need. My 100lb German Shepard comes with me on errands and seats clean up easily. Again, great car!!!

nice car!!!

Colby, 12/09/2009

i just recently bought my 08 grand prix about a month ago... the only bad thing about this car is well i live in SD and it been snowing the car is basically land locked when it snows but great car on dry surface

Best Car Ever Made

Janice, 12/09/2009

The 2008 Grand Prix GXP is a blast to drive.this is my 4th Pontiac and are the more reliable cars on the road. Had a 98 Grand Am with over 250,000 on it when I sold it and it was still running a of 2 years ago (lost track of it). I love the power when you step on the accelerator you can feel the g's pulling you back in your seat.S for winter driving I had no problems in the 2009 winter here in the North Idaho. Put 4 studded tires on and went everywhere in 12" of snow and ice. The exterior could use a little more chrome here and there.

gas guzzler

jon, 12/07/2009

I bought this car for my wife with 30000 miles on it. It has been in the shop several times. Issues with not starting, rack and pinion leak, and trans slipping with 34000 miles. I also found out it was a Hertz rental. So it definitely has been beat on. mileage is not good, city is 14.5 no highway trips yet but definitely a thirsty engine.

Great style at low price

STEVE HECKMAN, 01/31/2010

I was a car critic at a very early age and continue to be years after graduating from GMI [General Motors Institute]. The last Grand Prix is very distinctive which is a real plus compared to generic "non-style" from Toyota and other mass marketers. The GP also has a strong V6 that delivers excellent fuel economy without being a slug like many of it's competitors. Mine has a tan interior which remains cool even on the hottest summer days with the sunroof wide open. On winter days the heated seats react quickly and also serve to relieve muscle strain from shoveling snow. The seats are very comfortable even after a 500 mile drive. After 46k miles I have no complaints, only praise.

My favorite car

hawkeye22, 09/28/2013

I can't afford a BMW or Mercedes like the car magazines want you to, but count me as a Pontiac guy. This is my 3rd one and my 2008 Grand Prix is my favorite car of all time. I got it with 13k mile on it, have 89k on it now. No problems. Lots of horsepower, love the heated leather seats, the tire pressure system has come in handy. Slight hum from the climate control motor (drives my wife nuts, doesn't bother me). Started getting better gas mileage the more I drove it. I thought about trading it in on a 2014 Mustang but I would miss this car too much. I'm keeping it for now. (accidentally posted 1rst as comment to another review)

My 3rd 3800 series engine

Carl, 04/20/2010

I've owned an '86 Park Ave and a '92 Olds 88 prior to buying this car--both with 3800 engines. The 3800 is solid. My car has 31,000 mi. I look forward to keeping this car for the next 15 years. I bought the car used a year ago and have put 6,000 mi. on it. There's only 2 problems: the keyless remote needs new batteries and the rear seats could use a little more leg room. However, on the pro side, the car handles great in the city and on the highway. Plenty of power in any situation. I'm 6 ft. tall and feel fine in the driver's seat. Some folks grip about the interior finish--I think it's fine. Overall, I still love the car after a year and would recommend it.

Okay Car

2008 Pontiac, 05/04/2010

This is my 4th Pontiac and I do like Pontiac's, but this car has been in the shop for warranty work 3x already, and for other repairs about 2x. That's a lot for 2 years if you ask me. My last Pontiac went 4 years before I had to repair anything. I am a little disappointed and depending on how many more problems I have, will depend on whether I keep this car or not. If this is all Pontiac has left, then it was time to retire. I have had power steering problems, constant issues with the brakes, wheel bearings have already been replaced and the car has under 50,000 miles. I guess they don't make them like they used to.

Honest Review of the Grand Prix GXP

pontiac owner jim, 06/13/2010

I'm a young professional and I need a car to take clients out. I test drove a gently used maxima, a tsx,and an IS 250. Liked them all. I test drove the GP GXP and was pleasantly surprised. The V8 power,options,and handling of this car far outperformed the others above. And it was ~ $8,000 less. The car is not perfect. Fuel economy is not good and there are some cheap materials on the interior. There is torque steer due to front wheel drive but its not intolerable. But the performance and options you get for the value far outweighs the negatives.

Good Car

Preston&Jonathon , 08/24/2010

We bought this Grand Prix roughly a month ago. We love it! Before this we had a Grand Am GT which was great, and help in purchasing another Pontiac. The grand Prix, is much more refined and much smoother looking and running. Although for it's size and weight the base 3.8 can feel a little bit weak at times. And fuel economy leaves room to be desired.

51050