Save up to $13,000 with EV Tax Credits & Rebates
View rebatesView rebates
- Federal Tax Credit for Retail non-cash$7,500Restrictions:
The Inflation Reduction Act of 2022 (Public Law 117-169) amended the Qualified Plug-in Electric Drive Motor Vehicle Credit (IRC 30D), now known as the Clean Vehicle Credit.
For new vehicles placed in service on or after April 18th, 2023, the Clean Vehicle Credit provisions are subject to updated guidance from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and the U.S. Department of the Treasury.
To be eligible for the Clean Vehicle Tax Credit:
- A vehicle must have undergone final assembly in North America (the United States and Puerto Rico, Canada, or Mexico).
- Critical mineral and battery component requirements determine credit amount.
- Maximum MSRP of $55,000 for cars and $80,000 for SUVs/trucks/vans.
- Income eligibility applies depending on modified adjusted gross income (AGI) and tax filing status.
- Air District EV Offer$3,000Restrictions: The San Joaquin Air Pollution Control District (SJAPCD) offers up to $3,000 for the purchase or lease of a new battery electric vehicle through the Drive Clean! Rebate Program. To qualify for this rebate, residents under the management of the SJAPCD must meet the following requirements:
- Applicant must reside within district boundaries currently and at the time the new vehicle was purchased or leased. Boundaries include the following counties: San Joaquin, Stanislaus, Merced, Madera, Fresno, Kings, Tulare, and the valley portion of Kern.
- Must submit a rebate application within 18 months after the date of purchase or lease.
- Vehicle purchase or lease agreement must be for a minimum of 30 consecutive months and the applicant must retain ownership during that time period.
- Vehicle must be registered with the DMV within district boundaries currently and at the time the new vehicle was purchased or leased.
To learn more, visit https://www.valleyair.org/drivecleaninthesanjoaquin/rebate
- Utility EV Charging Offer$2,500Restrictions: Pacific Gas and Electric (PG&E) offers EV owners a rebate of up to $2,500 towards the installation and cost of a Level 2 charging station.
To qualify for this rebate, the customer and/or charging station must meet the following requirements:
- Receive electricity from Pacific Gas and Electric (PG&E).
- Have purchased or leased an electric or plug-in hybrid vehicle.
- PG&E will cover the cost of up to $500 for one Level 2 charger (hardwires or plugs in to 220+ Volt outlet). PG&E will cover up to $2,000 per single-family household for panel upgrades completed by the program’s licensed electricians, Synergy Companies.
- Complimentary Charging for RetailRestrictions: This program is a charging agreement between Volkswagen of America and Electrify America. Customers who purchase a new ID.4 will receive 3 years of complimentary 30 minutes of DC fast charging (CCS) or 60 minutes of Level 2 charging on the Electrify America network. Complimentary charging expires 3 years from the date of vehicle purchase. Offer is non-transferable. See your participating dealer for details.
Consumer Reviews for the Volkswagen ID.4
Great all-electric SUV for the family.
|2023 Volkswagen ID.4 AWD Pro S 4dr SUV AWD (0cyl electric 1DD)||N/A||N/A||$54,736|
|2023 Volkswagen ID.4 AWD Pro S Plus 4dr SUV AWD w/VW Sound (0cyl electric 1DD)||N/A||N/A||$57,136|
|2023 Volkswagen ID.4 Pro S 4dr SUV w/LG Energy Solution Battery, 135kW DC Fast Charging Capability (0cyl electric 1DD)||N/A||N/A||$50,936|
|2023 Volkswagen ID.4 Pro S 4dr SUV w/SK On Battery, 170kW DC Fast Charging Capability (0cyl electric 1DD)||N/A||N/A||$50,936|
|2023 Volkswagen ID.4 AWD Pro 4dr SUV AWD (0cyl electric 1DD)||N/A||N/A||$49,736|
|2023 Volkswagen ID.4 Pro S Plus 4dr SUV w/LG Energy Solution Battery, 135kW DC Fast Charging Capability (0cyl electric 1DD)||N/A||N/A||$52,740|
More about the Volkswagen ID.4
Edmunds has 190 New Volkswagen ID.4s for sale near you, including a 2023 ID.4 AWD Pro SUV and a 2023 ID.4 AWD Pro S Plus SUV ranging in price from $49,736 to $57,616.
How much is a new 2023 Volkswagen ID.4 in Bakersfield, CA?
- A new 2023 Volkswagen ID.4 starts at $49,736 (including destination charge) in Bakersfield, CA. Prices will go up based on the trim level you choose and any options you add. Keep in mind that prices can also vary from one state to another and even from one dealership to the next. Learn more
How much does a 2023 Volkswagen ID.4 SUV cost in Bakersfield, CA?
- A new 2023 Volkswagen ID.4 SUV starts at $49,736 in Bakersfield, CA. Prices will vary depending on what trim level you choose. Each state may have different pricing, so make sure you enter your correct ZIP code on Edmunds. Learn more