Save up to $7,625 with EV Tax Credits & Rebates
View rebatesView rebates
- Federal Tax Credit for Retail non-cash$7,500Restrictions:
The Inflation Reduction Act of 2022 (Public Law 117-169) amended the Qualified Plug-in Electric Drive Motor Vehicle Credit (IRC 30D), now known as the Clean Vehicle Credit.
For new vehicles placed in service on or after April 18th, 2023, the Clean Vehicle Credit provisions are subject to updated guidance from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and the U.S. Department of the Treasury.
To be eligible for the Clean Vehicle Tax Credit:
- A vehicle must have undergone final assembly in North America (the United States and Puerto Rico, Canada, or Mexico).
- Critical mineral and battery component requirements determine credit amount.
- Maximum MSRP of $55,000 for cars and $80,000 for SUVs/trucks/vans.
- Income eligibility applies depending on modified adjusted gross income (AGI) and tax filing status.
- Utility EV Charging Offer$125Restrictions: Dominion Energy offers EV owners a rebate of up to $125 towards the cost of a Level 2 charging station.
To qualify for this rebate, the customer and/or charging station must meet the following requirements:
- Receive electricity from Dominion Energy.
- Have an electric or plug-in hybrid vehicle.
- Networked/Smart charging capabilities to program the station to off-peak periods and respond to managed charging events
- You also earn a $40 e-gift card on the anniversary of your enrollment every year you remain enrolled.
- Complimentary Charging for RetailRestrictions: This program is a charging agreement between Volkswagen of America and Electrify America. Customers who purchase a new ID.4 will receive 3 years of complimentary 30 minutes of DC fast charging (CCS) or 60 minutes of Level 2 charging on the Electrify America network. Complimentary charging expires 3 years from the date of vehicle purchase. Offer is non-transferable. See your participating dealer for details.
Consumer Reviews for the Volkswagen ID.4
Great all-electric SUV for the family.
|2023 Volkswagen ID.4 AWD Pro S 4dr SUV AWD (0cyl electric DD)||N/A||N/A||$55,216|
|2023 Volkswagen ID.4 AWD Pro 4dr SUV AWD (0cyl electric 1DD)||N/A||N/A||$49,386|
|2023 Volkswagen ID.4 AWD Pro S 4dr SUV AWD (0cyl electric 1DD)||N/A||N/A||$54,731|
|2023 Volkswagen ID.4 AWD Pro S Plus 4dr SUV AWD w/VW Sound (0cyl electric 1DD)||N/A||N/A||$57,526|
|2023 Volkswagen ID.4 AWD Pro S Plus 4dr SUV AWD (0cyl electric 1DD)||N/A||N/A||$57,831|
More about the Volkswagen ID.4
Edmunds has 3,558 New Volkswagen ID.4s for sale near you, including a 2023 ID.4 AWD Pro SUV and a 2023 ID.4 AWD Pro S Plus SUV ranging in price from $49,386 to $57,831.
How much should I pay for a new Volkswagen ID.4?
- The price of a new Volkswagen ID.4 will vary based on trim and options. Edmunds has a 2023 Volkswagen ID.4 AWD Pro S SUV available for $55,216, and a 2023 Volkswagen ID.4 AWD Pro SUV for $49,496. Try narrowing your search to a specific model to get a better idea of what you can expect to pay. Learn more
Is the 2023 Volkswagen ID.4 a good car?
- Our full review of the 2023 Volkswagen ID.4 includes a rating based on a thorough evaluation of the ID.4 by our team of experts. You can find all the information you need to decide whether the ID.4 is a good car for you in our 2023 ID.4 review. Learn more