2013 Hyundai Santa Fe: Big Bear Lake Learnings
August 5, 2013
The drive to Big Bear Lake from Oldham HQ isn't very far. It's about 120 miles, split evenly between L.A.'s freeway system and the two-lane mountain pass that is California State Routes 330 and 18.
Still, I learned a lot about the Hyundai Santa Fe during that late night drive.
1) The Santa Fe handles a family of four, its luggage and its 60-lb. Golden easily.
2) The rear seat heaters are to my daughters' liking.
3) Paddle shifters. At this price it should have paddle shifters.
4) Big V6 has plenty of power, even at 7,000-ft. elevation.
5) Driver's seat and seating position are right on. Very comfortable.
6) Navigation system is easy to program.
7) Bluetooth is easy to pair.
8) Big V6 drinks regular gas instead of more expensive premium.
9) The third row could not be easier to fold or flip up.
10) I love the way it looks.
Scott Oldham, Editor in Chief @ 2,232 miles