Used 2019 Ford Transit Connect Diesel
Used Transit Connect for sale
|List Price Estimate:||$19,796 - $22,143|
Which Transit Connect does Edmunds recommend?
The right Transit Connect for you will depend on your end use of the van. Our money would be on the short-wheelbase passenger van in the top-of-the-line Titanium trim level, for all the creature comforts, and the long wheelbase (LWB) with the 2.0-liter engine, for maximum practicality. That would give you up-to-date technology for comfort and daily use but plenty of practicality when the rear seats are folded down for a range of hobbies or weekend activities.
Edmunds' Expert Review
- Extremely practical yet compact
- Comprehensive suite of driver assistance technology
- Variety of configurations are available
- More maneuverable than traditional minivans
- Engines don't have an overabundance of power
- Firmer and less isolating ride than with a traditional minivan
- New gasoline and diesel engines
- New eight-speed automatic
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto standard on most trim levels
- Forward collision warning with pedestrian detection is standard on all trim levels
- Part of the second Ford Transit Connect generation introduced in 2014
The Transit Connect is likely the best-driving vehicle in the compact-van segment thanks to responsive steering and appropriate body control. The new eight-speed transmission helps get the most from the diminutive engines.
When optioned with a full interior, the Transit Connect does a fair impression of a compact SUV, with comfortable seats and good visibility. But the firm ride reminds you of the Transit Connect's unsophisticated work-van roots.
Getting in and out of the Transit Connect is a breeze for front and rear passengers alike. Third-row access is a bit tight, but adults can fit back there.
With or without passengers, the Transit Connect doesn't offer the cargo capacity of some of its rivals. Yet it remains a versatile compact van.
Most every bit of tech you can find in a Focus or an Escape can also be found in the Transit Connect and further helps to set it apart from the other, more commercially oriented vans in the class. It's also good for a passenger van but lacks the overtly kid-friendly features of traditional minivans.
Most helpful consumer reviews
Features & Specs
Our experts like the Transit Connect models:
- Pedestrian Detection
- Detects pedestrians in your path and triggers forward collision warnings. Can automatically brake if necessary.
- Side Wind Stabilization
- Helps correct for strong crosswinds to keep the vehicle going in its intended direction.
- Automatic Emergency Braking
- Helps to prevent or mitigate an accident by automatically applying the brakes when an obstacle is detected.