Used 2008 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Reviews

Used Impala for Sale
Select your model:
12345...21

Pros
Cons

Impala - American Pride At Its Finest.

stevenycer, 06/29/2010
LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've got 2 years and 36,000 miles in on my Impala LS and have had an overall positive experience with it. This car is strictly a cruiser with very soft handling and very smooth ride. This car is not for performance enthusiasts wishing for feeling the road as they drive. I'm particularly fond of the exterior styling in a mocha brown color and the tail lights are a nicer improvement over the previous design. There have been no mechanical issues with drivetrain, brakes, electric, or any engine issues. Aside from a few minor flaws, I would purchase this car again in a heartbeat. The Impala has proven to be an excellent value for the money, and fuel economy for a V6 is fantastic.

Bad rear door locks

mes1944, 11/24/2011
LT 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Rear door locks quit working at 32000 miles. I believe this to be a safety issue in that the rear seat passengers especially infants and young children may become trapped during an emergency. The driver will not be able to activate the rear door locks.

NASCAR IMPALA

Nascar Impala, 03/16/2010
SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

While the few car magazine reviews of this car give it less than stellar reviews, this car is a great cruiser and can be driven as fast as a car needs to be driven! Passing is a blast. While some reviews call the suspension tuning "boat" like, I'd strongly disagree. I believe it handles very flat and also takes road bumps well. Very good mix. I have yet to cause the front end to push taking corners way to fast. The seats do limit your cornering as they have no side bolsters. Since most seat time is cruising, this is an acceptable trade off. Gas mileage is good also....except if you are using it for the V-8...which is why I bought it!

Great Car. So far so good

chevalltheway, 10/10/2013
LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased used certified from a Chev dealer only 5 months ago with 135,000 km. Was in near perfect condition inside and out. Very fun to drive. Lots of power, no loss of oil or coolant leaks. Recently drove on a long trip and the car performed great! Tons of power through the mountains. Getting about 9.5 liters per 100K. Respectable. I replaced the factory audio system, because it sucked. Performed well but the audio was bad. Replaced with an aftermarket Pioneer deck and the system came to life. Now sounds ok with the factory 6 speaker system. I find better automatic shifting using "3rd" instead of "D" Not a 4 speed. 3 speed with overdrive.

you'll look good driving down the road in this

Gail, 09/08/2018
LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

It is a really comfortable ride, especially for people with bad backs, easy to get in and out of. LOTS of trunk storage, has a section of back seat that opens up to trunk for extra log stuff. Have had no problems with it, have owned it for 10 years. Easy access to radio and heat/A/C controls. Still going, like that energizer bunny.....

Love it/Hate it

AT, 04/22/2016
SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

First I love this car! Great power, room, and space in the truck! I purchase my SS brand new and it now has 180k miles. My biggest complaint seem to be OEM Parts. I have replaced the Wheel Bearing three times, Repairman told me there is a problem with GM on these, the original set last for 130k miles the second less than 3k. The new set is not OEM and came with a three year warranty. I have had to replace the accelerator senor (twice) and the door actuators (once). Any more replacement will not be OEM, I've learned my lesson. Even with these issues I love this car. Please do not pull along the side and think you can beat me, you may lose your "pick slip", She a BEAST!!!

I was involved in a accident that was not my fault, 25 days after I purchased my vehicle

mlwoolum, 02/06/2012
LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased a 2008 chevy impala, I bought the vehicle on December 20, 2011 and on Jan 14 2012 a guy ran a stop sign and I couldn't stop and I t-boned his truck. My son was in the car. We walked away from the accident, the only thing that happened to me was that the dash hit my knee and it is a little banged up. We were traveling at 55 mph when the other vehicle pulled out in front of us. The other guy didn't walk away he was in critical condition, he was taken to the hospital. For the impact that my car took, and we didn't get hurt. I HIGHLY recommend a impala to anyone. Look at the review's, i have since then purchased another impala, this is probably the only car I will ever purchase.

great all-around sedan

mace57, 01/17/2011
LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Impala as a work vehicle. It has since become the all-around family work horse. Not bad looking with the spoiler, and sun roof. OK stero system. The car has a great balance of weight and power, and is super in the winter with good snow tires. we get about 24 mpg average. Lots of room and a hugh trunk. I have about 77k miles on it, and have had no repair issues. I think it is a great value, reliable sedan.

Used buy value

stirfry1, 01/01/2014
LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the car one year old, now have 95,000 on it with no significant issues.

Not Perfect But I Love It Anyway

Andrew O., 01/16/2017
SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Strange transmission problem- when starting up, occasionally car moves ahead slowly the drops into gear with a bang and lunges forward. Feels like have been rear ended. Great engine! Exhaust sounds good- lots of power- excellent acceleration. Door speakers cheap- tinny- failed and were replaced. Terrible blind spots from drivers seat due to very wide A pillars- dangerous! Stabilotrac very finicky- frequent messages that is not working but then seems to correct itself. Frequent evap. emissions message and sometimes have trouble getting inspection sticker but no one can find the problem. Occasional dash message that one or two TPM's are not working, but then day or two later all is well again. Two electric door locks stopped working a long time ago. In spite of all this, I get a kick out of driving this car because it has a great engine. Rest of car I would describe as fair. This is the last year of the Impala V-8's so the car commands a premium price when selling or trading, they still sell for $2000 more than the 6 cyl. models. Yes, there are still some of us out here who love our V-8's.

12345...21