Used 2004 Chevrolet Express Cargo Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Express Cargo for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

good working friend

abel, 01/21/2004
3500 Rwd 3dr Ext Van (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Iam a cable tech supervisor been using too many trucks finaly mi compani faund some truck I feel confident on the road using an average of 100 mls per day bery goooooood

Starcraft LT Conversion (5.3L V8)

John K, 05/23/2007
1500 Rwd 3dr Van (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

The van is really an Express RV-base model upgraded with a Starcraft low-top conversion. Great vehicle. Starcraft conversion approach much better than going with the conventional Chevy passenger van. Owned a couple of Ford vans previously, no comparsion, Chevy much superior, particulalry with respect to control and handling. Gas mileage great too after about a 5K mile break in period. Driving about 85% highway and 15% city we're getting a little over 19.5 mpg. Estimate the actual city/highway mileage breakdown would be 16/20. Not bad for 5300 lb full-sized van.

Express Cargo

Linda Espiritu, 08/27/2006
3500 Rwd 3dr Ext Van (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

We've owned this van and are still driving it, first in a cleaning use for my company where we cleaned new construction homes, and now for special functions at church ,school etc. I enjoy driving the van and being able to help so many people with various needs. It has a lot of room and functionality to offer for large families or groups for serious travel or for fun trips. I would highly reccomend this van to any one who is in need for such a vehicle.

MPG Sweet Spot!

Robert DuBois, 10/16/2015
2500 Rwd 3dr Van (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I got over 20 MPG while trying to maintain 58 mph. Love the little V8 4.8L. Power when you need it, soft and relaxing when your regular driving needs are there. If I push the van to 70 mph, then my economy is 16 - 17. BUT, using my Blue Tooth Engine checking device, I found 58mph is the sweet spot for just over 20mpg. I can handle that. V8 towing power, travel economy, and looks. I like it!

GMC Savana Cargo Van

bob998, 03/01/2004
1500 Rwd 3dr Van (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Great van! Drives like a car, can haul over a ton, great brakes and steering. No rattles or noises -- get 20.2 MPG on the Hwy. The 4.3L six has excellent low-end torque, reliability and economy.

Great car - chevy 2500 -60000 miles

misu3108, 09/20/2004
2500 Rwd 3dr Van (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this car in April 2004 to do delivery. Now it's almost october and I have 58000 miles on it.It runs great and I'm realy satisfied with it.I started to put synthetic oil and it seems that my gas mileage went up from 13-15 to 15-17 which is great even though I changed the oil about every 11000 miles as the oil light said.I'm trying to get even better mileage by buying tornadofuelsaver, but the consumer report says that it doesn't work.I didn't have any problems with it but I was thinking to exchange it with a Sprinter(diesel) to save more money.The reviews are not as good as the Express has so I'm still thinking about it.

Chevy makes a good work van

ccroceiii, 12/17/2005
3500 Rwd 3dr Van (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Having owned Dodge vans in the past for my contracting business, I was foiled by the 47 inch doorway clearance which did not allow a full sheet of plywood unless angled. Chevy provides access and ease of use. My van has exterior doors on the upper panels that allow access to even the most difficult corners of the custom built shelves. The dealer inadequately tried to explain it's new traction system. I don't know what it does, but have never been stuck in the snow with it. It looks a little strange with angled cut corners and a chicken wire grill. The walls are a bit thin and I know will not stand up to a load shift. Overall, a good truck.

51050