Used 2019 Chevrolet Corvette Z06
Which Corvette does Edmunds recommend?
We think the Grand Sport 2LT is the sweet spot for the Corvette. Its 460 horsepower is enough for plenty of fun, and the adaptive suspension and other performance upgrades only make the car better in every situation. The front-view camera, head-up display, ventilated seats, and auto-dimming side mirror from the 2LT package also all offer solid improvement in day-to-day life with a Corvette.
Edmunds' Expert Review
- Unbeatable performance for the price
- The coupe's generous cargo space
- Comfortable ride quality for a sports car
- Interior quality isn't quite at the level of its overseas competitors
- Missing some of the latest driver safety aids
- New 755-horsepower Corvette ZR1
- The Carbon 65 Edition package has been discontinued
- Part of the seventh Corvette generation introduced for 2014
With the Grand Sport package or higher, the Corvette is an almost telepathic performer. The engine and brakes are both very strong and easy to modulate, and the manual transmission operates smoothly. Steering feel is lacking at the limit, but those limits are far beyond what most roads allow.
Corvette engineers know that not all owners go to the track, so they tuned the suspension accordingly. Go for the adaptive suspension for the best of both worlds. The standard seats provide good support and comfort in all but extreme driving, where the sport buckets' bolstering is called for.
For a relatively small two-seater, the Corvette surprisingly doesn't feel cramped. The control layout is thoughtful, and the driving position is quite adjustable. Visibility and entry and exit are problematic, however.
In coupe guise, the Corvette offers a surprisingly large and usable trunk. It's more than anything else that performs this well has to offer. Small-item storage is a bit lacking, but it's sufficient.
All of Chevrolet's connectivity tech is available, from smartphone integration to OnStar and even a Wi-Fi hotspot. The MyLink system is fast and easy to use. There aren't many driver safety aids available, however.
Most helpful consumer reviews
Z06 w/2LZ 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl S/C 7M)
Unbelievable machine - the power is unreal, it's hard to keep your foot off the accelerator. It handles and corners with ease. Comfortable to drive around town and long distance. State of the Art in every way.
Z06 2dr Coupe w/3LZ (6.2L 8cyl S/C 7M)
Z06 with Z07 track package. One irritant though, the shifter box needs adjustment as it slips out of first and second at times.
Features & Specs
Our experts like the Corvette models:
- Curb View Cameras
- Shows you an image directly behind or in front of the car when traveling at low speeds.
- Performance Traction Management
- Helps keep traction with subtle adjustments to the power being sent to the rear wheels.
- Head-Up Display
- Keeps driver's eyes on the road by projecting information, such as engine rpm and gear, onto the windscreen directly in the line of sight.