FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Hottest LA Auto Show Cars Generate Site Traffic Spike on Edmunds.com
SANTA MONICA, Calif. — (December 10, 2009) — Edmunds.com, the premier online resource for automotive information, announced today that Ford Fiesta, Chevy Cruze and Mazda 2 are among the vehicles that have earned spikes in consideration among Edmunds.com visitors during the Los Angeles auto show.
In the past week, consideration climbed significantly for many of the show's highlighted vehicles.* For example:
|Make||Model||Gain in Consideration|
Edmunds.com and InsideLine.com editors offered the following insights about these vehicles:
- 2011 Buick Regal: If it fails, it won't be the fault of the car.
- 2011 Chevy Cruze: Looks like a fairly competent, full-featured compact sedan. Trouble is, there are plenty of those on the market already.
- 2011 Ford Fiesta: With a peppy, economical engine, Euro-tuned road manners and features such as keyless starting and Sync, the Fiesta is cause for celebration.
- 2011 Hyundai Sonata: There haven't been many surprises here at the L.A. Auto Show, but the 2011 Hyundai Sonata is a notable exception. The car is stunning inside and out.
- 2011 Mazda2: New to the U.S. but not the rest of the world, the Mazda 2 has already built a reputation as an affordable and fuel efficient vehicle.
- 2011 Toyota Sienna: Toyota continues to work hard to take the sting out of being seen driving a minivan with the redesign of the 2011 Sienna.
More coverage of the http://www.insideline.com/auto-shows/losangeles/2009/.
* "Consideration" is the percentage of visitors to Edmunds.com who view vehicle content (pricing, reviews, specs, photos, etc.) about a specific new vehicle, as a share of visitors who view similar content about any new vehicle within the same vehicle segment.
About Edmunds Inc. (http://www.edmunds.com/help/about/)
Edmunds Inc. publishes four Web sites that empower, engage and educate automotive consumers, enthusiasts and insiders. Edmunds.com, the premier online resource for automotive consumer information, launched in 1995 as the first automotive information Web site. Its most popular feature, the Edmunds.com True Market Value®, is relied upon by millions of people seeking current transaction prices for new and used vehicles. Edmunds.com was named "Best Car Research Site" by Forbes ASAP, has been selected by consumers as the "Most Useful Web Site" according to every J.D. Power and Associates New Autoshopper.com Study(SM), was ranked first in the Survey of Car-Shopping Web Sites by The Wall Street Journal and was rated "#1" in Keynote's study of third-party automotive Web sites. Inside Line launched in 2005 and is the most-read automotive enthusiast Web site. CarSpace launched in 2006 and is an automotive social networking Web site. AutoObserver.com launched in 2007 and provides insightful automotive industry commentary and analysis. Edmunds Inc. is headquartered in Santa Monica, California, and maintains a satellite office in suburban Detroit.