FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Edmunds.com's Inside Line Hits Audience Milestone and Expands Staff as It Celebrates One-Year Anniversary
SANTA MONICA, Calif. — January 18, 2006 — Inside Line, Edmunds.com's free high-speed online magazine for automobile enthusiasts (available at ) announced today that as it celebrates its one-year anniversary, its monthly unique-user audience has reached a remarkable milestone: 3 million people. This surpasses the combined circulation of the country's two largest print automotive magazines.
"Building on our successful first year, we have exciting plans to grow our presence in the automotive and online communities," said Editorial Director Kevin Smith. "We look forward to applying our technological assets and our highly talented staff to provide news, road tests, videos and other content on the topic we love the most — cars."
Since its launch, the publication has given its visitors a high-quality multimedia automotive experience with new offerings at every turn. In December 2005, Inside Line began offering free automotive video podcasts that are available on Apple's iTunes® Music Store. A series of Web logs, or blogs, were also launched in late 2005 to bring enthusiasts the fastest possible news and commentary in the automotive space.
"Through Inside Line, Edmunds.com has successfully expanded our brand to reach automotive enthusiasts as well as the traditional car-buying audience we have served for decades," said Matthew Kumin, Executive Vice President and General Manager of Edmunds.com Media. "Going forward, we want to strengthen our lead as the top online enthusiast Web site by enhancing Inside Line's already rich user experience and continuing to build on the publication's reputation for delivering innovative, exciting content."
Inside Line's staff is developing as well. Richard Homan, formerly Executive Editor, has been promoted to Editor in Chief, and Scott Oldham has been promoted from Senior Editor to Executive Editor. In addition, former NASCAR.com Programming Director Elliott Gordon has joined the Inside Line team as Senior Product Director.
Content and features available at Inside Line include:
- Daily News Coverage — At Inside Line, news coverage is updated every day to keep enthusiasts up to speed on automotive news.
- Road Tests — Each month, Inside Line delivers approximately 12 new road tests, first drives and comparison tests created by an expert team of vehicle testers writers, photographers and videographers.
- Features — Articles on a wide range of automotive topics, from technology, future vehicles and the aftermarket to personalities and motorsports entertain readers of Inside Line.
- Auto Show Coverage — Inside Line offers around-the-clock auto show coverage of all the major domestic and international shows, including the Tokyo Motor Show and the North American International Auto Show in Detroit.
- Enhanced Multimedia — Inside Line offers over 500 streaming videos, with up to 20 new videos added each month, and thousands of top-quality automotive photographs.
- Blogs — Inside Line offers two blogs: "Straightline" is the car enthusiast blog from Inside Line editors, while "Karl on Cars" offers readers driving impressions, musings and general commentary on the automotive industry by Edmunds.com's Editor in Chief Karl Brauer.
- Forums — The Inside Line Forums provide auto enthusiasts an area to discuss automotive topics in a venue enjoyed by millions of people around the globe.
- Opinion Columns — Inside Line provides opinion columns from some of the best automotive writers around, including Ken Gross, Michelle Krebs and Steven Cole Smith.
About Edmunds.com, Inc.
Edmunds.com is the premier online resource for automotive information. Its comprehensive set of data, tools and services, including Edmunds.com True Market Value ® pricing, is generated by Edmunds.com Information Solutions and is licensed to third parties. The company supplies content for the auto sections of NYTimes.com, AOL, CNN.com and About.com; provides weekly data to Automotive News; and delivers monthly data reports to Wall Street analysts. Edmunds.com also publishes Inside Line (www.insideline.com), a free online magazine for auto enthusiasts. Edmunds.com was named "Best Car Research Site" by Forbes ASAP, has been selected by consumers as the "Most Useful Web Site" according to every J.D. Power and Associates New Autoshopper.com StudySM, and was ranked first in the Survey of Car-Shopping Web Sites by The Wall Street Journal. The company is headquartered in Santa Monica, California, and maintains a satellite office in suburban Detroit.