FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Hybrid Car Insights, Gas-Saving Tips, Auto Industry Analysis and Car-Shopping Advice Now Presented by Edmunds.com Experts Using New VideoLink ReadyCam Studio
SANTA MONICA, Calif. — July 12, 2007 — Edmunds.com, the premier resource for automotive information, today announces that its automotive expertise is now directly and immediately available to television networks through the company's new VideoLink ReadyCam© studio located within its Santa Monica headquarters.
Some topical automotive subjects that Edmunds.com spokespeople can easily cover include:
- Great Deals Abound for Car-Shoppers: Minivans are subsidized at record levels, brand new trucks are heavily discounted as automakers battle for market share, and the industry's hottest segment, compact cars, is full of great choices for under $15,000.
- Gas-Saving Tips and Myths: Edmunds.com tests show that aggressive driving wastes more fuel than people might think, that driving with open windows is no less efficient than using air conditioning, and that there are other ways to achieve unexpected savings.
- Leasing is Back, and is Worth Considering: Nearly every automotive ad promotes a leasing deal, but how should a consumer decide whether to lease or to buy?
- Diesels are More Cost-Effective Than Hybrids: As hybrids are becoming more popular, diesels are largely overlooked even though they provide excellent fuel economy at a typically more reasonable cost.
- Avoid Car-Shopping Stress: Summer is the busiest time for car sales, and consumers can avoid a lot of stress and hassle by working with the Internet departments of their local dealerships.
For other story ideas, please visit the Edmunds.com press release archive.
About Edmunds Inc. (http://www.edmunds.com/about/)
Edmunds Inc. publishes four Web sites that empower, engage and educate automotive consumers, enthusiasts and insiders. Edmunds.com, the premier online resource for automotive consumer information, launched in 1995 as the first automotive information Web site. Its most popular feature, the Edmunds.com True Market Value®, is relied upon by millions of people seeking current transaction prices for new and used vehicles. Edmunds.com was named "Best Car Research Site" by Forbes ASAP, has been selected by consumers as the "Most Useful Web Site" according to every J.D. Power and Associates New Autoshopper.com Study(SM), was ranked first in the Survey of Car-Shopping Web Sites by The Wall Street Journal and was rated "#1" in Keynote's study of third-party automotive Web sites. Inside Line launched in 2005 and is the most-read automotive enthusiast Web site. CarSpace launched in 2006 and is an automotive social networking Web site and home to the oldest and most established automotive community. AutoObserver.com launched in 2007 and provides insightful automotive industry commentary and analysis. Edmunds Inc. is headquartered in Santa Monica, California, and maintains a satellite office in suburban Detroit.