Edmunds' InsideLine.com Releases New iPhone App for Automotive Enthusiasts
SANTA MONICA, Calif. — April 14, 2011 — Edmunds' InsideLine.com, the premier automotive enthusiast Web site, announced today the launch of its new InsideLine.com app for the iPhone. The free app provides automotive information and entertainment including videos, photos and car reviews from the award-winning InsideLine.com team.
Users of the new iPhone app — now available for download in Apple's App Store at http://bit.ly/f114wa — can engage with InsideLine.com's unparalleled automotive content in several new ways:
- View all of InsideLine.com's high-quality car photos full-screen in landscape mode, with pinch-zoom capabilities offering an even closer look at automotive design features.
- Research full specifications and performance charts for all road tests and comparison tests, plus see comments on all stories
- Read live updates from InsideLine.com's Long-Term Road Tests blog and Straightline news blog
- Customize the order of article categories on the home page to match your preferences, and save your favorite stories for convenient off-line reading
- Share articles on Facebook, Twitter and e-mail
"Every piece of content available on Inside Line's Web site is now easily available to iPhone users with just one touch," said Stephen Gandee, VP of mobile technology at Edmunds.com. "Through our mobile app roundtable, we worked directly with our readers to develop a convenient user experience that delivers the quality content InsideLine.com's readers have come to expect. Any iPhone users who are truly passionate about the culture of cars will enjoy this app."
Download Edmunds' Inside Line iPhone app today at http://bit.ly/f114wa.
About Edmunds.com, Inc. (http://www.edmunds.com/help/about/index.html)
Edmunds.com Inc. publishes Web sites that empower, engage and educate automotive consumers, enthusiasts and insiders. Edmunds.com, the premier online resource for automotive information, launched in 1995 as the first automotive information Web site and hosts the most established automotive community online. Its mobile site, accessible from any smartphone at www.edmunds.com, makes car pricing and other research tools available for car shoppers at dealerships and otherwise on the go. InsideLine.com is the most-read automotive enthusiast Web site. Its mobile site, accessible from any smartphone at www.insideline.com, features the wireless Web's highest quality car photos and videos. AutoObserver.com provides insightful automotive industry commentary and analysis. Edmunds.com Inc. is headquartered in Santa Monica, California, and maintains a satellite office in suburban Detroit. Follow Edmunds.com on Twitter@edmunds and fan Edmunds.com on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/edmunds.