Edmunds' AutoObserver.com Re-launches with Self-Serve Data Center, Deeper Analysis and Insightful Videos
SANTA MONICA, Calif. — February 15, 2011 — Edmunds' AutoObserver.com has launched its redesigned Web site with more features, content and data accessibility to build on its reputation as a top online resource for automotive commentary and analysis.
New features added to Edmunds' AutoObserver.com include:
- The Data Center, a one-stop shop for visitors seeking updated data on sales, market share, True Cost of IncentivesSM (TCISM), purchase consideration and vehicle safety
- Insights from Jeremy Anwyl, CEO of Edmunds.com and other experts and commentators
- Industry-related environmental news from Edmunds' GreenCarAdvisor.com's John O'Dell and Scott Doggett
- Polls enabling readers to weigh in on the hottest issues in the auto industry
Edmunds' AutoObserver.com's staff of writers is composed of an experienced roster of recognized thought leaders and analysts. Leading the team is Editor in Chief Michelle Krebs, a 30-year automotive veteran. An award-winning writer who contributed to The New York Times, Motor Trend and other publications, she is also the former president of the Automotive Press Association in Detroit. Krebs serves as a juror for the North American Car and Truck of the Year and for the Car of the Century.
"The new AutoObserver.com offers a more interactive experience for the increasing number of readers who turn to us for the most reliable data and insights into the automotive industry," said Krebs. "Along with its inviting new look, the site continues its tradition of delivering updated, informed and unbiased analysis from some of the most respected minds in the business."
Edmunds' AutoObserver.com welcomes Dr. Lacey Plache as a new contributor to the site. Dr. Plache is the chief economist at Edmunds.com, joining the site after 12 years as an economic consultant to law firms, corporations and government clients. She holds a PhD in Economics from the University of California at Los Angeles, where she specialized in the fields of Industrial Organization and Economic History. Dr. Plache's first contribution to the new AutoObserver.com — the 2011 automotive sales forecast — is now available.
The AutoObserver.com team also includes Senior Editors Bill Visnic and Paul Seredynski.
A wide array of updated news and analysis is now live on Edmunds' AutoObserver.com, including:
- An early peek at February car sales projections from Edmunds.com CEO Jeremy Anwyl
- The latest on a NHTSA investigation into faulty fuel pumps in Volkswagens and Audis.
- An analysis of recent trends in automaker incentives that may or may not spark a "price war" within the industry
- The unexpected year-over-year sales gainers so far in 2011
- Michelle Krebs' take on the government's report on unintended acceleration in Toyota vehicles
About Edmunds.com, Inc. (http://www.edmunds.com/help/about/index.html)
Edmunds.com Inc. publishes Web sites that empower, engage and educate automotive consumers, enthusiasts and insiders. Edmunds.com, the premier online resource for automotive information, launched in 1995 as the first automotive information Web site and hosts the most established automotive community online. Its mobile site, accessible from any smartphone at www.edmunds.com, makes car pricing and other research tools available for car shoppers at dealerships and otherwise on the go. InsideLine.com is the most-read automotive enthusiast Web site. Its mobile site, accessible from any smartphone at www.insideline.com, features the wireless Web's highest quality car photos and videos. AutoObserver.com provides insightful automotive industry commentary and analysis. Edmunds.com Inc. is headquartered in Santa Monica, California, and maintains a satellite office in suburban Detroit. Follow Edmunds.com on Twitter@edmunds and fan Edmunds.com on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/edmunds.