2014 Toyota Tundra Consumer Reviews 2

2014 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
Nice Truck
By sundance2014 on 12/04/13 08:42 AM (PST)

2014 Toyota Tundra SR5 FFV 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I owned a 4.7 2007 double cab. It took a while to warm up to the new model. Some things I like about the new model. Some things I don't. The interior is vastly better. So is the radio, controls and vents. Seats are better. Better fabric. Slightly wider and overall more comfortable. I bought the 5.7 this time and I really enjoy it. A previous reviewer complained about getting 11 mpg. I got 15.5. in mostly city driving out of the first tank. I expect it to get e a little better. I drove a 2013 5.7 and there nothing different about the 2014. The 5.7 is different than the 4.6 or 4.7. the 4.7 was much more responsive at lower speeds but the 5.7 has got seemingly endless power above 1500 rpm.

Toyota has ruined the Tundra
By mrt19 on 11/11/13 11:18 AM (PST)

2014 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Toyota has completely changed the engine mapping for this truck and added an electronic throttle limiter so everything that was right about the 2007-2013 5.7 engine is now gone. That beloved power is no more. It is sluggish, slow, shift points are erratic and all over the place. I also now get 11mpg. I just got back from the Toyota dealer because I thought something was wrong with it. After a ride with a Toyota Master Technician he confirmed that was what it was supposed to be like. He also agreed with me that they have ruined this truck.

60,681 of 121,326 people found this review helpful
New 1794 Tundra
By thepieman on 10/07/13 19:33 PM (PDT)

2014 Toyota Tundra 1794 FFV 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Bought the new 1794, the truck is a masterpiece, I have a 2013 work truck Tundra and the interior of this truck was dated, the improvement is needed and has been thought out well, the voice activation is good although it takes some getting used to, but saves having to take your eye of the road to press buttons on a screen. The sat nav works well and a nice touch is that when you get close to a turn, you get a display on your drivers screen console. The engine is the same, it is a lovely powerful motor, but it likes a drink! The build quality seems top class, although the carpet is a bit thin and not the quality it should be. The ride is the most comfortable i've driven.

Just purchased a 2014 Tundra Limited 204
By ashron on 09/08/13 10:39 AM (PDT)

2014 Toyota Tundra SR 2dr Regular Cab LB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

1. The power steering has absolutely no "On-Center" feel to it. Its easy to meander out of a lane at freeway speeds when taking your eyes off the road to look at the Nav, operate the radio, etc. It gets worse in winding roads since there is no feedback from the steering, making it easy to exceed the truck's limits and lose control. I am not saying it's unsafe. just that one has to pay extra attention! I thought this was one of the major issues Toyota was going to improve on, with the new 2014 Tundra.