2004 Toyota Tundra 4.7L V8 4x4 4-speed Automatic 6.2 ft. Bed Consumer Review - my tundra 4dr rocks

2004 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Review

2004 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

SR5 Double Cab (4.7L V8 4x4 4-speed Automatic 6.2 ft. Bed)

my tundra 4dr rocks
By johanna on

2004 Toyota Tundra 4dr Double Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck because I always wanted a toyota, but was just waiting for the full size version to come along. The wait was well worth it. It rides like a car, and inside is soo quiet. The stereo system is the stock 6 speaker, but puts out very well. Engine performance is awesome, although there seems to be a little lag when you first step on the gas. MAybe it's just my driving style. It does need better gripping tires to perform in a 4wd situation, because I have experienced a little slippage due to the slick road tires that come standard.

Favorite Features

Stock stereo is comparable to any after market out there. Rides smooth and quiet. I like the rear folding seats, but would like the option of being able to pull them out. Rear sliding window. A lot of room interior.

Suggested Improvements

smooth out some of the exterior lines. Make the rear seats easily removable. Make a sport option, with Easy clean floors and some protective seat covers. Reconfigure turn signal, and wiper nobs so they are not so close together. Better stock tires.