Used 2003 Subaru Baja Sport Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Subaru Baja Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Baja model:

Most versatile daily driver yet!
By yellowblaze

2003 Subaru Baja Crew Cab Sport AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

From off road trails to long road trips to trips to the home improvement store, our Baja has proven itself to be the best bang for the buck out there. In less than 12 months it's gone from 2,800 miles at purchase to over 22,000 miles currently. It's brought home siding, landscaping, parts for another car. It took a Mustang hood from NY to FL in March - it fit right into the bed. It did great on that trip as far as gas mileage, comfort and driveability. It's gone down countless "seasonal use highways" - which range from dirt roads to little more than two ruts in the dirt - and handled them with ease (although more ground clearance would be nice). All around, this is the best truck out there!

-switchback system combined with the bed extender -we brought home siding no problem using both features -the looks; it's unique -power moonroof -drainage built into the bed back; great for a quick hose down -lots of storage places -flip down license plate in bed.

-Base it on the new Legacy, instead of discontinuing it! -make some features available outside of a package, like the heated seats, sport shift & hard tonneau -improve the current soft tonneau -bring back yellow as a color option -offer the "severe weather" package in the US.

Still disappointed after 2 years
By Disappointed in De

2003 Subaru Baja Crew Cab Sport AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

From the day, I drove it off the lot, it has had squeaks. I have had it in four times and the dealer has never been able to make any improvements. Driver's area is cramped.

It really is convenient for hauling most normal household stuff for folks who need a back seat, want car amenities, but yet don't want big truck.

Steering wheel should tilt up for easier entry/exit. Arrange door so EVERYTHING doesn't get wet in the rain. Make dealers more accountable; I like the cars (my 3rd and last Subaru), but both area dealers are light on service skills and follow-up!

Awesome
By ATLMIKIE

2003 Subaru Baja Crew Cab Sport AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my Baja for almost 2 years I still love driving it. It still turns heads and gets compliments. I have had more people sit in it and ask about features than any other vehicle I have owned. I have a small pop up camper which the Baja pulls with no problems. I love the ride.

The style and the look, UNIQUE.

Front door windows don't seem to be as air tight as I would like; they are noisy on highway.

My Mom Loves my car
By Donna

2003 Subaru Baja Crew Cab Sport AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

My Mom and Dad says it is the best riding truck. Everyone is suprised the first time they ride in it. Itdoesn't ride like a truck at all and the gas mileage is great. People are always asking what kind of vehicle it is. It is the perfect vehicle for someone like me that needs a truck sometimes and a car at other times.

Sporty look, roomy interior, just the way it makes heads turn.

More power and a way to keep the door pings from marring the silver. I just hate it when people do not pay attention and ping my car!

Fun car, turns heads
By Thomas

2003 Subaru Baja Crew Cab Sport AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

For a young single homeowner living in Minnesota, there isn't a better car in the world! It turns heads, it hauls lumber home and most furniture, and it seats four confortably. Rear passengers will complain about leg room. All wheel drive makes the car a lot of fun to drive on dry pavement, and easy to handle on ice and snow. Everything inthe truck feels solid - the doors, the tailgate, interior parts. However, I docked my truck a few points for reliability because I am having problems with clutch judder. Would like more power but with a stick it's acceptable.

Styling - I love getting complimented on my truck!

Extra power points inside, H-6 engine, Optional tonneau cover should be made easier to remove - fixed rear deck of toneau cover cuts into already limited hauling space. Shudder-free clutch. Sport lights should be made to fold down without the use of tools.

• SUV