Used 2011 Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn Edition Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ram 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 1500 model:

After 3 years, still a good truck, but a few flaws
By gianofan

2011 Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn Edition 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

After 3 years of owning this truck and putting 44k miles on it, I thought I share a few thoughts. First of all, this remains a very good truck overall and I'm still happy with it. That said, I'm eyeing a new 2014 or 15 Longhorn and considering a trade. This is primarily due to the new 8 gear transmission. The 2011 had only the 5 gear, and there is a huge performance difference between them (which I realized after a test drive of a 2014 model recently). There are also a number of other nice new features in the newer models....

RamBox and spray-in bed liner. Powerful Hemi engine. Interior design and finishes, including Longhorn seats and leather. Roomy interior, including back seat area. Overall look of the truck. Rear floor board storage.

The only gripes that I have with this vehicle are: 1. There is a really annoying rattle that developed about 1.5 years ago inside the dash, just left of the steering wheel. I have no idea what it is and 2 visits to the dealership to fix it have resulted in no proper fix. It drives me batty. 2. The fuel economy isn't stellar, and I am a pretty tame driver. I don't accelerate like crazy and I don't usually drive fast. I average 15 or so in city, and 17 or so if on interstate for a while. 3. Road noise has increased over time. Part of this may be due to the wear on my tires (but I rotate them on schedule)?? 4. Radio system has malfunctioned a few times, requiring software updates

• SUV