I LOVE my Vibe
By Hez on
2009 Pontiac Vibe 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)
The Vibe, by far, is the roomiest and best-riding car in its class and it is very fun to drive. Having previously driven a Suburban, surprisingly, I do NOT feel like my bottom is dragging on the ground. This car was purchased primarily for driving around town with kids in tow. There is plenty of room in the back for them being in car seats. My dog even enjoys riding in the "trunk"! For those of you who think the Vibe is comparable to the Dodge Caliber, you're thinking WRONG! I drove the Caliber and the Vibe in the same day and there is NO comparison. The fuel economy is also great. I just filled up my tank in the Vibe and calculated 26 mpg city driving in 3rd gear! (see improvements)
Favorite Features
XM radio, OnStar, OnStar phone feature, fold flat 60/40 rear seats and non- carpetted cargo area, LATCH, almost EVERYTHING! CON: the gear shifter is poorly designed (see improvements)
Suggested Improvements
3rd gear and Drive are in the same spot: or so I thought. It reads as 3-- D. It's hard to describe, but this gear has a wider space so the shifter can be slid to the left or the right. I finally figured out that left=3rd and right=Drive. So 26 mpg with the rpms 3000-3500 isn't too shabby!