2003 Nissan Altima 2.5L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - 2003 Altima 2.5s

2003 Nissan Altima - Consumer Review

2.5 S Sedan (2.5L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

2003 Altima 2.5s
By John on

2003 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought my Altima used. After having the car for a month now I can say that all works very well with the power, handling and comfort. I love the power moon roof and the stereo is very good too. I found out that the turning radius is not all that good so you need to do a 3 point turn for many U turns that you need to make. The big problem I found is even a simple snow fall makes the car handle very badly and is quite dangerous even with good tires.

Favorite Features

The stock radio has great sound and easy to reach and adjust. Great pick up and passing power for the 4cyl 2.5s motor. Love the lite dash. In dry road conditions the car handles very well,but dangerous in even a light snow fall.

Suggested Improvements

Paint does seem to chip and scratch easy. More insulation in roof to stop the wind noise from the moon roof area. Better turning radius. The car has fantastic power for the 2.5, but it should get way better mileage around town, only getting 21 mpg combo highway and local. improve the snow handling.