Used 1997 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class SL600 Consumer Reviews - 1 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SL-Class model:

Smooth Power, Value and Quality
By safari_joe

1997 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class SL600 2dr Convertible

Hello all: I have found it to be a fast and subtle commuter/touring machine. I traded over to it from a 97 993 (which was a great car) as my wife was adverse to the Porsche ride (a very good ride in my opinion). This is my second SL and my 3rd Mercedes. As all SL’s it is quietly fast and comfortable. The handling is greatly improved from models of the late 70’s and the dealer service has been equal to that of Porsche (excellent). As with the 993, I would recommend a dealer extended warranty as these cars can disrupt your budget if something major malfunctions after the original one expires. My wife is found of the panoramic roof in the rain and enjoys the heated seat.

I like the V12's quite, smooth, powerful acceleration and handling, sadly the Cal HP is not quite as taken with it.

I enjoy the new model and the new folding hardtop works very well. I understand it has only improved power- wise on the twelve and that, after all, is why you buy the 600.