2014 Hyundai Elantra GT Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Elantra GT model:

Smile on my face
By raiderone2

2014 Hyundai Elantra GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I've had my GT for about 4 months now. At first the car seemed sluggish, but as I put a few miles on (now 4,000 miles) performance is great and MPG equal to the EPA figure. Couple tricks I learned: When in manual, start in 2nd. Only use sport steering mode on windy days. I use sport most of the time and keep it there. I went from a 2000 Grand Prix thinking there was not going to be enough room for 4 adults in comfort. I was wrong. Took a weekend trip with 4 adults and nobody complained about room plus room for all our luggage. Sometimes going uphill, seems to be searching for the right gear, so I switch to manual mode and works better.

Favorite Features

1. Bluetooth 2. MPG 3. Styling 4. Deceptively roomy 5. Performance

Suggested Improvements

1. Enclosing the storage area in dash 2. Add locking glovebox 3. Larger storage under armrest 4. Better visibility around A pillars 5. Make some options only found in packages available seperately

Best yet!
By badler

2014 Hyundai Elantra GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I only have a couple hundred miles on the odo but here is my initial review. Comfortable but the seats could be a little wider and have more leg support. It has the smoothest shifting manual I have ever driven which is good because I prefer automatic for a daily driver. Picked the car up for 15,900 after rebates. It has the style package with Leather. Ride is fantastic and I love the selectable steering feel. Gas mileage has been 30mpg in mixed driving and its not even broken in. Bluetooth and voice activation work perfectly.

Favorite Features

Smooth shifting, Infotainment system, Ride, Power and Fuel economy and of course price.

Suggested Improvements

Wider seat with extended leg support. Otherwise don't change a thing.

It just keeps getting better
By craiggb

2014 Hyundai Elantra GT 4dr Hatchback w/Blue Interior (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

We have a 2006 Elantra GT (and are keeping it for a while longer), which my wife loves to drive, so when it came time to replace our 2006 Sonata (another great car, BTW), we looked at the 2014 Elantra GT. Not only does this year's model have 173 HP, but the 6 speed auto is delightful. We got the Pano sunroof, leather (Driver seat is power) and dual zone air. The car is quiet, smooth, darn good power and decent on fuel. a couple of thou on the odo so far, not a single glitch. The styling is great and space is terrific. Bigger than the Mazda 3 and more reliable than the Focus. We wanted power seat and this was the only one that could do it at a decent price.

Favorite Features

Power seat Leather Panoramic Sunroof Space Quiet 6 speed auto good engine power Styling Sound system has bluetooth for iPhone music as well as phone calls

Suggested Improvements

More color choices Radio has data for artist etc.

Great Car!
By mgvh

2014 Hyundai Elantra GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

With dealer incentives, I was able to get an excellent deal on this base model Elantra GT which was already a good value before the incentives. I only have 100 miles on it so far, so this is more of a first impressions review, and the first thing I note is that I really liked the exterior styling. The Windy Sea Blue is really beautiful in the sunlight. On closer inspection, the fit and finish quality is outstanding. It's a very 'solid' car. Shut a door, and there is a reassuring thud of solidity. Interior controls are a bit busy. Still trying to figure things out, but the voice recognition is very helpful. 29.5mpg so far, but it's mostly in-town driving. Fun car to drive, and I'm happy!

Favorite Features

Exterior styling, interior comfort, fit and finish quality, center console, storage capacity (especially fold-flat rear area), voice recognition and Bluetooth features, ECO driving option, dynamic steering modes; 3 12-volt outlets (one in the rear); AUX and USB inputs w/ ~700MB onboard music storage Contrary to what some reviews say, I have an actual spare tire. Also, I'm 6' tall, and when I sit in the backseat I have almost 3" of head clearance.

Suggested Improvements

13 buttons on the steering wheel! Not sure what changes to suggest, the voice recognition helps deal w/ some of the confusion. I can see where a larger touch-screen would be helpful for viewing and toggling through the various screens. Rear visibility is ok, but the rear camera package would be helpful. Glove compartment and armrest storage could be better designed.

Great Hatchback
By lorainelt

2014 Hyundai Elantra GT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I am leasing this car mostly because of the great deal that I got but more than likely will buy it out at the end of the lease. AWESOME gas mileage, I drive in the ECO mode all the time and consistanly get at least 36 mpg. I drive the speed limit but don't go over, so that make a big difference in the gas mileage. Also I don't 'rabbit' start my car. The interior is roomy and very comfortable. Not a much space as my old 2005 Toyota Matrix but pretty close. LOVE the blue-tooth, I will never go without that option again. Car has plenty of speed and power, will be anxious to see how it does in the snow.

Favorite Features

Like I said, great gas mileage, blue-tooth is the bomb. Everything on the control panels is well designed and easy to read. Sync's up very easy to any device plugged into the system. Good speaker system. I was looking for a new Hatchback and this was my top choice after the Honda Fit, Subaru Outback and Ford Fiesta. and less expensive too.

Suggested Improvements

too soon to say but will see what the next 5000 miles bring. True test will be the snowy winters in Upstate NY