Mr Practical's review
By MrPractical on
2008 Honda S2000 2dr Convertible (2.2L 4cyl 6M)
This is MY 3rd Honda (and my wife drives an '05 Accord EX). Had an '00 Si, '06 Civic EX, and now the car of my dreams for 8 years,the '08 s2000. The power is intense! The handling is spot on, and the fit/finish is perfect Honda quality. I loved the high-rev engine of the Si, so am excited to hear the engine spin high. There's never a whine though, it's beautiful. I'm 6'2" and fit tightly. Any taller and it'd be too tight. There is very little truck space, but I haven't yet needed more space. The cabin provides small hidden storage areas: two small "glove boxes", a couple small net pockets around the cabin. I'll miss my variable timer wipers and rear speakers, but have gotten over it already.
Favorite Features
There were few changes from 2007 to the 2008 s2000. One of my favorite & selling points for the 2008 over the 2007 are the rims. The multiple spoke of <2008 models are just not my style & make it much more difficult to clean. Parts of the interior door panels changed along with minor dash displays.
Suggested Improvements
Fit and finish is fantastic, no suggestions there. 2 gripes: In 6th gear at 75 mph (highway speeds), the tach is sitting around 4000rpm. As my commuter car, this is a slight concern of mine. Second gripe is the stereo system. Functional controls, but the sound bites both w/ top-up & top-down.