1999 Honda Prelude Consumer Review: Renaissance Coupe

1999 Honda Prelude - Consumer Review

Renaissance Coupe
By ItsaMeMario on

1999 Honda Prelude Type SH 2dr Coupe

As my faithful coupe approaches 60,000 miles, I began to reflect on the time we've spent together (cue the sentimental music...) Glancing at the Prelude, I concluded that Honda engineers set out to design a sporty coupe that could handle the rigorous demands a driving enthusiast would muster during ownership. Hmm, so what are the daily observances that quench my thirst for excitment? A comparatively torquey inline-4 from Honda which comes alive above the infamous camshaft change point. Amazing Handling - easily the Prelude's strongpoint, ATTS gimmickry is actually a reality. I personally vouch for its predictability over overall comfort.

The Prelude's charima is the most powerful piece of information that justifies every owner's purchase. Ultimately, I enjoyed the car more than any quantified rating could express.

- Somedays I wished I topped 27 miles per gallon, which I predominantly achieve on roadtrips. - 26k base price is steep nowadays for the package the Prelude originally delivered in 1997, mostly unchanged till 2001.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review